Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walther PDP - so far

Feedback Score
    Were there any instances of failure with the original optics cut?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Were there any instances of failure with the original optics cut?
    It doesn't look like there were ever problems with the 1.0 cut, but they responded to customer input. If you can get one at a discount with the old cut if might be worth saving some $. But if no savings get the 2.0 for resale value, simplicity of plates, etc.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    There is an ammo deal thru 12-15 if you pick one up.

https://waltherarms.com/blog/free-sierra-ammo
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    It doesn't look like there were ever problems with the 1.0 cut, but they responded to customer input. If you can get one at a discount with the old cut if might be worth saving some $. But if no savings get the 2.0 for resale value, simplicity of plates, etc.
    Mine is an earlier 1.0 cut with a Holosun 509t and have had zero issues with it. It fits below the slide surface and buts into the cut, effectively making the slide a lug to absorb recoil forces.

My understanding is the 2.0 cut was slightly longer to accommodate longer optics (think ACRO?) although it did add a lug design. The only improvement the lug makes is to protect against side impacts. I cant see it absorbing linear stresses any better. But that's just my opinion.

Here is the link where Walther describes it:
    https://waltherarms.com/blog/walther...nting-system-2

In any event, this is probably just academic. I believe they completely transitioned to the 2.0 cut some time ago. I would be surprised if any 1.0 cuts are still available other than the used market.

Feedback Score
    This is not my pistol and I'm not trying to make a sale. But the pictures are representative of how mine is set up. They illustrate how the optic and plate nestle inside the slide. I'd say pretty effective recoil lug. I put witness marks on the mounting screws. The "tray" on the left is the unique 509 mount and will loosen if you don't refresh the locktite when you remount after buying the taller sights later.

https://www.guns.com/firearms/handgu...used?p=1089404

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Might also look for a 2023 date code, "CD", as Walther purportedly fixed the sear dropping when trigger is pulled with slide out of battery. My SD Pro bought this year definitely has all of the "improvements."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    P99 parts even interchange (slides) with both M2 and PDP’s.
    Technically the PPQ started as a variant of the P99, one of their trigger options.

People liked it so much that they came out with it for the civilian market but meeting the German police specs of the P99Q and similar.

The big difference is the PPQ moved to a fully cocked striker. Dropped the cocking indicator (it's always cocked due to it's different striker design) and decocker which is no longer needed on an SAO.

I have a P99AS, PPQ M2, and PPQ M3.

The single action trigger on the AS is the lightest of the three, but you do have to deal with different take-up lengths. But it also has the very short reset of the PPQ.

For the PPQ's my M3 has a slightly better trigger than the M2, though they are very close and I think it's just a difference between individual pistols. (All mine are 9mm)

They all shoot great and I really notice the "nine Miles uphill through rocks" triggers on other pistols in that class.

If I found another M2 in 9mm for a decent price I would pick another one up.

Feedback Score
    Other selling point to the. 2.0 cut is the holosun scs fits it. It won't work on the 1.0.

I have the 1.0 cut and have had a 507k and currently an acro on it. No issues with using the optic to rack the slide.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123