Thread: Which scope for which rifle question.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Which scope for which rifle question.

Last night I ordered an Arken SH4J 6-24. The original thought was to put it on my Bergara B14R and take the Razor 3-18 off of that rifle and put it on my Remington 700P. The thinking is that the Remington will be shot at much further ranges and the extra clarity would be more beneficial on that rifle.

However, this morning I was called by a friend who is a gunsmith/FFL. He and a couple other gunsmiths are starting a monthly 22lr competition. So now Im signed up to shoot these competitions and likely will be able to go regulary. As of now the range they are using only goes to 200 yards. Though longer ranges are available.

So do I keep the Razor on the 22 and put the Arken on the Remington? Or is my original idea still the way to go?

Obviously this is assuming the Arken works properly when it arrives.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    One consideration is this. Put your best scope on which rifle you will shoot the most, within reason. So you can enjoy that scope the most. If you plan to shoot bunch of matches and will have a blast doing so, put your sweetest glass on that gun.

I think your Bergara is the .22 ? If so just rock on with the Bergara and enjoy, IMHO.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Depending on the match cof you may want to consider the distance they both focus at unless its all longer range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Both parallax down to 25 yards
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Id put the cheap one on the 22 and see if it does the job.