Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brownells' new retro uppers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    The current/modern A2 stocks suck in that the off white yellow foam fill they use is much softer than the hard darker yellow foam fill of the older A2 stocks.

Something about the old hard foam being regulated out of use by the EPA according to Mike of NoDak Spud (H&R/PSA).
    Interesting. Any idea how long the older foam has been out of use?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Shark has original Colt A2 full furniture kits....He's kind of slow to ship, but you just accept that aspect and move on. Similar to Botach, never had an issue with anything from him and it is always exactly as described, usually at a fairly reasonable price.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    The Shark has original Colt A2 full furniture kits....He's kind of slow to ship, but you just accept that aspect and move on. Similar to Botach, never had an issue with anything from him and it is always exactly as described, usually at a fairly reasonable price.
    I wouldn’t do business with that shithead if he had the last AR part on earth. I bought three Colt surplus bolts what he said were in very good condition and they were worn slam out. He said they would outlast any new production bolts.

I gave him a pass because he refunded my money. Then I ordered a new Colt BCG which he emailed me saying he didn’t actually have in stock so he could ship an FN BCG. I got the FN and it had very visible wear with probably at least 200-500 rounds.

I saw similar posts from others on TOS. Fool me once, twice, etc.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Interesting. Any idea how long the older foam has been out of use?
    Not sure exactly when they made the change, but it seemed like the older hard yellow foam was being used in all the early 2000s A2 stocks... At least up through 2003.

By the time the Colt AR15A4 came around the internal foam on the A2 stocks coming on those was the softer off white/yellow foam.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    I wouldn’t do business with that shithead if he had the last AR part on earth. I bought three Colt surplus bolts what he said were in very good condition and they were worn slam out. He said they would outlast any new production bolts.

I gave him a pass because he refunded my money. Then I ordered a new Colt BCG which he emailed me saying he didn’t actually have in stock so he could ship an FN BCG. I got the FN and it had very visible wear with probably at least 200-500 rounds.

I saw similar posts from others on TOS. Fool me once, twice, etc.
    I wouldn't buy from Shark either. As you said, he's the scammer type and he's pulled some pretty shady stuff. Just looking at how badly his website is set up is big red flag indicator to not buy from him.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 11-25-23 at 18:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where do you normally get them?
    Got a tracking #, will be interesting to see what I get.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Got a tracking #, will be interesting to see what I get.
    Interested to hear how they compare to the ones you've been getting through the other sources, so I hope these are still the same as the ones I've received through AR15Sport. I think my last order was about 2, maybe 3 years ago.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interested to hear how they compare to the ones you've been getting through the other sources, so I hope these are still the same as the ones I've received through AR15Sport. I think my last order was about 2, maybe 3 years ago.
    I will make you some pics of both.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Bushmaster on bottom/Colt on top

Bushmaster on left/Colt on right

Bushmaster is definitely more of the grey color of yore, texture completely different between the two. Both feel solid and chonk.
    Last edited by ryanm; 12-04-23 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post

BM on bottom/Colt on top

BM on left/Colt on right

BM is definitely more of the grey color of yore, texture completely different between the two. Both feel solid and chonk.
    That Colt stock is definitely different and it's more than just the external finish. It looks like they came out of molds from different manufacturers... My examples of the Colt stocks from a couple years back look like the BCM stock in your pictures.

Not a fan of change.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 12-04-23 at 10:12.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast