Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What is going on with Dead Air?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I’m really liking what I’m seeing with Huxwurx.
    I'm going to have to googlize these jokers. I heard my two shooting buddies saying the name a few weeks back, but know nothing about most newer suppressors.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DA definitely needs some work and updates to customer service, but after working at a shooting range I can confidently say at minimum 50% is user error. Mostly from the amount of lose or incorrectly installed muzzle devices I’ve encountered. Not to mention Chinese made mounts, hand loads or barrels that are keyholeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I'm reading a lot of people aren't happy with Dead Air right now and QC issues are popping up left and right. From a company that is so huge in the suppressor business I can't imagine this type of issue can last if they are smart.

Anyone know anything about this?
    I think you guys are being a little too hard on Dead Air. They make great stuff. Be careful criticizing companies here.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javon View Post
    I think you guys are being a little too hard on Dead Air. They make great stuff. Be careful criticizing companies here.
    What a weird post from an unknown member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    What a weird post from an unknown member.
    What a weird post from an unknown member? That’s not very nice. You sound like a very snooty person. Don’t take your anger at dead air out on me. You don’t even know me.
    Last edited by Javon; 02-10-24 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Javon View Post
    What does Dead Air make? Because AFAIK, everything with their name is manufactured by a third party (though I suppose you could argue that SMT is in-house).

Beyond that, how are folks being too hard on Dead Air? There are many stories of poor customer service all over the place, not just here, about Dead Air. Beyond that, just because someone makes or sells great stuff doesn't mean that they have other failings as a company that makes them a non-viable choice.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 02-10-24 at 17:09.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    What does Dead Air make? Because AFAIK, everything with their name is manufactured by a third party (though I suppose you could argue that SMT is in-house).

Beyond that, how are folks being too hard on Dead Air? There are many stories of poor customer service all over the place, not just here, about Dead Air. Beyond that, just because someone makes or sells great stuff doesn't mean that they have other failings as a company that makes them a non-viable choice.
    This is essentially my issue with them. I have a DA Mask that I'm very pleased with. So much so that I was considering a second one. After the way they handled things with the Sierra 5 issues, and the resulting abysmal turn around times and lack of communication, I started looking at other options.

I'm very glad that I did too. The upcoming CAT SR A1 rimfire suppressor seems to be the ticket, as soon as it's released that is.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    From the things I’ve read, reviews and such, all seem positive.

I know technology has come a long way. Maybe they’re worth a better look.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm going to have to googlize these jokers. I heard my two shooting buddies saying the name a few weeks back, but know nothing about most newer suppressors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    DA definitely needs some work and updates to customer service, but after working at a shooting range I can confidently say at minimum 50% is user error. Mostly from the amount of lose or incorrectly installed muzzle devices I’ve encountered. Not to mention Chinese made mounts, hand loads or barrels that are keyholeing.

My point was that if it's so easy for users to destroy their suppressor, then it means the mounting system is a terrible design.

We don't blame the users for Huxwrx, Surefire, Q, KAC, etc. baffle strikes...because cans from those manufacturers rarely have baffle strikes since the mounting systems aren't designed by idiots like they are over at Deadair.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What is going on with Dead Air?

Quote Originally Posted by DancingInAshes View Post
    My point was that if it's so easy for users to destroy their suppressor, then it means the mounting system is a terrible design.

We don't blame the users for Huxwrx, Surefire, Q, KAC, etc. baffle strikes...because cans from those manufacturers rarely have baffle strikes since the mounting systems aren't designed by idiots like they are over at Deadair.
    And I wasn’t saying just DA cans suffer this.

It doesn’t matter how well thought out a mount and mounting system is if Billy bob doesn’t mount the muzzle device correctly bad things can happen, uses wrong ammo bad things can happen, doesn’t pay attention to barrel length & fire rate restrictions bad things can happen, uses non recommended equipment bad things can happen etc etc

Plus don’t forget about Murphy’s law.

Last edited by zombiescometh; 02-14-24 at 17:23.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678