Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw times

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Does anyone download a round for nutsack security. I know it means you are going to be slower racking the slide but carry in peace?

PB
    I don’t. I do however, get the back panel of my AIWB holsters in a hi vis color. I find it’s a useful visual reference for reholstering.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I will presume that you're not using the hip belts, because there ain't no way I can use AIWB while rucking.

If you're not competent enough to carry with a loaded chamber in general, sure. Don't see why AIWB makes any difference.
    Negative, I do not ever use hip belts on rucks.

Agreed, no issue whatsoever carrying chambered while AIWB. If carrying this way kept me from wanting to be chambered, I'd carry differently.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Some excellent holster makers for AIWB include, but are not limited to:

JM Custom Kydex
    Dark Star Gear
    Phlster

I own and carry multiple holsters from all of those companies. They are all personal friends. You will not go wrong with any of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Does anyone download a round for nutsack security. I know it means you are going to be slower racking the slide but carry in peace?

PB
    No.

To increase "don't wanna shoot myself" security carry a gun with a double-action first shot. Pistol or revolver.

Feedback Score
    Draw times change with age. Usual attire, 95% of the time, untucked t-shirt /polo shirt AIWB carry (G19 RMR or Walther PDP compact w RDS). Training was done at 5-7 yds, draw/shoot 2-3 center mass hits, .92-1.1 seconds. A few years later, present day it's 1.27 - 1.38 seconds, with occasional 1.43-1.52 times. I'm happy with 1.50 or less at my age. Hopefully, I have a fews years before I hit the 2.0 second mark, which I now is coming :-(

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For AIWB, we should always remember "reholster with purpose", as a good friend once advised me. That is, clear the holster, visually or physically, of any obstructions, and reholster slowly and deliberately....you know, the way it should ALWAYS be done, regardless of carry method.

I've seen vids of some internet commandos slamming their smoke wagons back into the skins, and that's all kindsa wrong.

Gabe White over on P-F has demonstrated a great TTP for reholstering AIWB: after visually (or physically) clearing holster, thrust hips forward as you return the gun to the holster.

This way, the gun is not actually pointing at any part of you as you do so. It's just one more layer of safety.

It's an evolution. There was a time, years ago, with an all steel 5" 1911 at my side, when I probably would not have been too cool about carrying a plastic gun, with no safety, chambered, up front like this, all day.

But I evolved, and I'm faster, and better, and can lay down more lead more quickly, than that younger 1911 me, may Col. Cooper have mercy on my soul.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have to look into some holsters. I’m really liking this carry method and I print way less. Thanks for suggestions.

PB

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    ViniVidiivici gives you wise counsel, as always. Unless you are a law enforcement officer who has to put thee Habeas Grabbus on someone "right freaking now", there is absolutory no reason to do a fast reholster. And even then. all the cops I know still slow down.

Gabe White is an excellent instructor, and a solid human being. He was a house guest several years ago, and it was a wonderful opportunity to listen to his thoughts on multiple topics.

And now he's a music creator, and it sounds good even to my 60+ year old ears.

Pistol-Forum has some great threads on AIWB, along with input frrom the folks that actually make the holsters in question. They also have what is probably the authoritative thread on the Beretta 1301.

Feedback Score
    What do yall think about the clip placement for this for auwb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I think; in theory that location should help to pull grip/butt of gun tighter to body, less printing.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast