Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magtech steel cased 9mm

Feedback Score

Magtech steel cased 9mm

I just want to give y'all a heads up on this. I've always had good luck with Magtech 9mm. It's reliable and can usually be found at a good price for what you get. They recently came out with a steel cased version. Based on my experience with Russian steel cased ammunition, I was wary. But since it was Magtech, I decided to give it a try and ordered a case. The first thing that I noticed when I opened the box is that, unlike Russian steel cased 9mm, it's clean to the touch. It's also boxer primed. I put 100rds through my IMI Jericho FS without any issue at all. It was clean, reliable and accurate. If you don't reload or don't have the need for more 9mm brass cases, it's a good viable option for about $25 to $30 less than Magtech's brass cased offering.

https://magtechammunition.com/new-9m...um-steel-case/

Feedback Score
    Have a case en route for $219/shipped. I like that it's polished and not lacquered. I trust magtech for range ammo.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Do they make it in 147 gr?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Just 115gr and 124gr
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Just 115gr and 124gr
    Cool. I have an SA-35 that sucks to shoot with lighter load, but is smooth with 147s. I've been hand loading, but that takes too much time away from making rifle ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Have a case en route for $219/shipped. I like that it's polished and not lacquered. I trust magtech for range ammo.

I have been snooping around. Where can ya find it for $219 & that's shipped? Thanks. I see TargetSports has it for $228 free ship,but they will charge tax I imagine.

Feedback Score
    SGAmmo. That was their sale price, it's $229/Shipped now.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    SGAmmo. That was their sale price, it's $229/Shipped now.

Thanks, I am a reloader but that's still a fair price for some "stash" ammo. Please keep us posted on how it shoots once you get out with it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That is a decent price and I have never cared if it was brass or steel. Because we don’t do a lot of 9mm reloading. I just wish I could buy Brown Bear 223 for $199 a case. We used to smoke through mags of that trash, good training ammo.

9mm prices have mostly recovered, but 223/556 still hovers around .50/rd with tax / shipping. And that sucks. Good for mag tech.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I put 50rds of this steel cased 9mm through my Masada Tactical and 50rds through my Taurus 917 C (Beretta Centurion clone), all without issue. It's seems every bit on par with the brass cased Magtech. I especially like that it's not dirty like the Russian steel cased 9mm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast