Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tisas / MAC hicap 1911 coming

Feedback Score
    Let's see, made in turkey, most likely a Tisa varient, most likely a pos jam-a-matic. Just my experience with prior Tisa 1911; I know sample of one, but that is all it takes.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drsal View Post
    Let's see, made in turkey, most likely a Tisa varient, most likely a pos jam-a-matic. Just my experience with prior Tisa 1911; I know sample of one, but that is all it takes.
    You needed to try different lube! (I've heard some retarded rationalizations for why the 1911s aren't reliable over the years)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drsal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You needed to try different lube! (I've heard some retarded rationalizations for why the 1911s aren't reliable over the years)
    He's probably limp wristing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    He's probably limp wristing.
    with cheap reloads!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyway, back to the MAC.

The similar but different Turkish Girsan 2311 would seem to be the most direct competitor. Both are made in Turkey. Both are 2011 mag compatible and both shouldn't be too hard to find under a Grand. Both are also aluminum frame. Both are 4.25" barrel.

With all the above (and bearing that I haven't seen a MAC in person yet) I believe the Tisas will be the better product. I say this because:

Nitride finish vs Cerakote

RMR and/or plate system gives more mounting versatility

Trigger is adjustable for overtravel

Bull barrel vs bushing. I don't mind a bushing at all but I'm going to assume the Tisas bull is better fit

Ambi safety appears to use sear or hammer pin for retention instead of the tongue and groove affair on the Girsan

Overall I think the Tisas has a cleaner and more thought out look than the Girsan. Like MAC is trying to make a nice gun for the money as where EAA is trying to sell a budget pistol for as much money as possible

Proof will be in the pudding as they say. But the MAC and Tisas 1911s are generally well received. If the new double stack has similar quality and can be found for $850 or whatever it should be a home run. I could even see these becoming something of a base gun for custom work. Maybe not full on Vulcan builds but certainly the basis for guns with EGW internals and things of that nature.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Bull barrel vs bushing. I don't mind a bushing at all but I'm going to assume the Tisas bull is better fit
    The bull barrel adds mass that makes most 9mm pistols feel smoother/less felt recoil. The few 9mm pistols that I've shot recently that feel great both have hog barrels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The bull barrel adds mass that makes most 9mm pistols feel smoother/less felt recoil. The few 9mm pistols that I've shot recently that feel great both have hog barrels.
    Yes bulls are generally credited as softening recoil. Personally with the aluminum frame I think I'd prefer a bushing just to help keep overall weight down a bit.

My Girsan is aluminum and bushing. It doesn't feel much different to me in recoil impulse than my all steel and bull barrel Prodigy although the Prodigy is noticeably heavier in the hand.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Tapered/Bull Barrels also allow Monsoons propriety “Comp” as well.
    I’m a fan of this mod.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tapered/Bull Barrels also allow Monsoons propriety “Comp” as well.
    I’m a fan of this mod.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Very slick work, attention to detail is excellent.
    I have this mod on a pair of C2 Carry Guns.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast