Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tisas / MAC hicap 1911 coming

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 01-05-24 at 18:50.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's the Tisas offering. I'll probably have to get one.

https://sdsimports.com/1911-carry-b9r-ds/

Let's us know how you like it....it is interesting

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Let's us know how you like it....it is interesting
    As mentioned, I recently bought a Girsan 2311 and have been having some work done on it. The grip module is currently off with Extreme Shooters for texture. I had the slide milled for the CHPWS plates. Since I'm already somewhat committed to this particular pistol it will continue to be sort-of my customized beater.

If and when I get a Tisas I will probably leave it more or less alone. That's assuming the gun doesn't need a ton of work to make it reliable.

I haven't seen the MAC or Tisas yet obviously but I already say these will be the better value. The Girsan isn't terrible but it also isn't worth $850 either which is about the going rate. The Tisas MSRP is $799 which will hopefully mean $675 or so actual shop price.

Feedback Score
    So, are there 3 ‘2011’ mags now? The old school SVI/STI, and then STI became Staccato and mod’d the 2011, and then there is whole new mags from Stacatto, right? The first two are compatible, but the third is a different pattern??
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There are many more mags. Stacatto, Atlas, MBX, The prodigy mags.

On Stacatto, there are “ normal” Stacatto mags Gen 1 &2 and CS mags which only fit the CS. OTHERS are all 2011 mags. CS are smaller.

PB

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^Yes.
    All but the CS mags were designed around a .45 ACP/.38 Super length cartridge.
    The CS mags are built to house 9mm length rounds; which is preferable if your pistol is chambered in 9mm, IMO.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Ah, thanks. I couldn’t remember the way it went. Staccato was at a LGS last year and let us try some out. Pretty sweet. I have a 2011 in 45ACP. Really interested in the 9mm optimized versions.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    has anyone tried the Checkmate 2011 mags in their guns?

My gen2/3 Staccato mags worked fine in my Prodigy. Better than the Duramags.
    The Duramags ran fine in my Staccatos.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast