Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heads up .277 Fury reloaders

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I guess this is really the 6.8x51mm case, the 277 Fury is the weaker all brass version. I am really curious about how the rifles will hold up to the full power rounds.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I guess this is really the 6.8x51mm case, the 277 Fury is the weaker all brass version. I am really curious about how the rifles will hold up to the full power rounds.
    You can't buy them, so we may never know.

Maybe one of the .MIL guys who is on here can make some informed statements on this topic at some point.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Unfortunately, it appears SIG is only making rifles in 762 which is ridiculous.
    I believe that the stated plan was to release production rifles in 7.62 NATO first, then 6.5CM, and eventually in .277 Fury. No reason to release a production rifle in a cartridge that is scarcer than hens teeth first.

And there are rifles available in .277/6.8x51. They had that limited batch of Spears out last year that were going for over $10K if memory serves.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    You can't buy them, so we may never know.

Maybe one of the .MIL guys who is on here can make some informed statements on this topic at some point.
    If you have a suitably strong bolt action maybe you could get a custom barrel in .277 chambered for it?

I’ve read comments by some barrel makers stating they won’t warranty barrels used for .277 SIG if used with 80K PSI ammo though. Can’t blame them, useful throat life is probably going to be reduced quite a bit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I’ve read comments by some barrel makers stating they won’t warranty barrels used for .277 SIG if used with 80K PSI ammo though. Can’t blame them, useful throat life is probably going to be reduced quite a bit.
    Hopefully small-arms barrel technology catches up soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Hopefully small-arms barrel technology catches up soon.
    Time will tell, but precision rifle barrels where the user is expecting accuracy and reasonable barrel longevity it will be a challenge. Someone looking for .5 MOA over 3500 rounds out of a match grade barrel is probably not going to be a happy camper when the .277 loaded to 80K PSI cuts that .5 MOA life in half and the barrel is shooting 1.25 MOA at the 3500 round mark.

For military applications where up to 4 MOA is acceptable it’s not as much of an issue if over the course of 10K rounds a chrome lined rack grade barrel goes from 1.5 MOA capable to 4 MOA.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Heads up, they sold out but now have a new batch in stock and for New Years have it marked down to $66.

https://americanreloading.com/produc...id-case-100ct/
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Mine arrived today.

Did they have stuck powder inside of them ?

From the linked above webpage... "ALL CASES CONTAIN STUCK POWDER"

Feedback Score
    Some sectioned cases and other info over here...

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...n-view.927009/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoosh006 View Post
    Did they have stuck powder inside of them ?

From the linked above webpage... "ALL CASES CONTAIN STUCK POWDER"
    I ordered several boxes and have only opened one. I checked a sampling of rounds in the open box and they are clean as new inside. No evidence of stuck powder that I can see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12