Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph, anyone tried one of these Chronos ?

Feedback Score
    No experience indoors but when I’m feeling extra lazy I shoot by the side of the house to get a quick velocity and only have about 12-15 yards to get a reading. No problems.
    This is what Garmin says about shooting indoors:

Using the Xero C1 Pro Chronograph at an Indoor Shooting Range

Using the Xero C1 Pro Chronograph at an indoor shooting range can present some challenges not present outdoors. Indoor ranges can mean lots of other shooters nearby, reflective surfaces, possibly other electronics nearby, and therefore more noise that the chronograph may appear to be analyzing. Below are some helpful tips that can be used to help improve your results.

-Ensure you have your chronograph set to the appropriate speed range for your firearm and ammunition. Changing ammunition, suppression, etc., may require changing your setting.
    -Ensure the target is sufficiently far enough away for the chronograph to be able to register the speed correctly.
    -If users of multiple bays nearby are not centered in their bays they may actually be too close. A separation of at least 5 feet is preferable.
    -Shooting too quickly together.
    -Try moving the chronograph left, right, forward, back, up, down.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyB62 View Post
    No experience indoors but when I’m feeling extra lazy I shoot by the side of the house to get a quick velocity and only have about 12-15 yards to get a reading. No problems.
    This is what Garmin says about shooting indoors:

Using the Xero C1 Pro Chronograph at an Indoor Shooting Range

Using the Xero C1 Pro Chronograph at an indoor shooting range can present some challenges not present outdoors. Indoor ranges can mean lots of other shooters nearby, reflective surfaces, possibly other electronics nearby, and therefore more noise that the chronograph may appear to be analyzing. Below are some helpful tips that can be used to help improve your results.

-Ensure you have your chronograph set to the appropriate speed range for your firearm and ammunition. Changing ammunition, suppression, etc., may require changing your settings.
    -Ensure the target is sufficiently far enough away for the chronograph to be able to register the speed correctly.
    -If users of multiple bays nearby are not centered in their bays, they may actually be too close. A separation of at least 5 feet is preferable.
    -Shooting too quickly together.
    -Try moving the chronograph left, right, forward, back, up, down.
    Cool, good info. My bonus is that the range I go to is a private one and if I was shooting indoors, I would be the only one shooting so there shouldn't be any interference. Maybe a slight adjustment here or there but seems like it will work if I need it. Well, I was all ready to go buy one @ GovX website, it was $591.00 shipped when I put it in the cart last week but now out of stock, oh well. Maybe I'll wait or more than likely I'll go snoop around and see if there are any deals out there. Thanks again for the info.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123