Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph, anyone tried one of these Chronos ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Glad I found it before plopping down dollars on that huge lab radar crap which would have been just one more large thing to lug around with my gear.
    The bigger the chrono, the sweeter the juice.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The Garmin arrived, heading out to test it today. We delayed our shooting hour since its 32 degrees at our hide this am.

Test shot with air rifle :

Range report to follow

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm going to end up in Chronoholics Anonymous.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Mine arrives today. I am pretty stoked to get out to the range with it.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anyplace special that stocks this Garmin Chronograph or a good place to pick one up online/in-store? Looks like everyone is out for 3-5 weeks.

Edit found in-stock at Walls Rifles from Hide discussion.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 01-09-24 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    So, what's the scoop on those things guys? I'm sure they work but are there any irregularities or early issues? I have looked at them from the start so I'm just wondering. I have a couple of old-school Cronos and they work fine, it's just the setup that's a pain, which only takes 10min or less. Thanks for any info.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    With this chrono you can get every round fired at every target from every gun. Just move the chrono so it's pointed where your target is and bingo.

We're figuring stuff out that we'd NEVER have known. Which barrels are quirky/have tight chambers, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    So, what's the scoop on those things guys? I'm sure they work but are there any irregularities or early issues? I have looked at them from the start so I'm just wondering. I have a couple of old-school Cronos and they work fine, it's just the setup that's a pain, which only takes 10min or less. Thanks for any info.
    I’ve used Oehlers, CEDs, LabRadar, and now the Garmin. I can’t speak to accuracy because I have no way to calibrate the unit but the readings are within 7-10 fps of the LabRadar and generally the same difference on each shot. It may be due to where each unit starts reading the bullet velocity. It’s very small and easy to set up in seconds. It’s also very easy to use. It’s incredibly reliable in picking up each shot and not particular about being precisely pointed. It also picks up everything I’ve tried so far which is high velocity rifle, handgun, and 22lr. I’m especially happy that it works well with suppressed guns. I had an aftermarket trigger for the LadRadar that worked with suppressed guns but it was a little wonky. I almost always shoot at home so I don’t know how well it works at ranges with multiple shooters. So far this is one of those rare pieces of gear that seems too good to be true but really is that good.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Thanks, guys, for the info. I have been looking at these and they seem pretty cool and much easier than my old-school standard cronos. Not a big deal but I wonder if they would work inside? I have a Caldwell with LED attachments that I use @ our indoor range this time of year for handgun stuff. Not critical warm weather is only 3 months away in my area, LOL Seems like more places are getting them in stock, just looking for the best deal. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph, anyone tried one of these Chronos ?

I used mine at an indoor 25 yard range a couple days ago. I was against the left wall, there was one empty lane on my right, and a shooter in the 2nd lane over. All my shots were recorded, and no extras.

I’m sure I’ll end up placed between two occupied lanes soon enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast