Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory AR’s - I’m impressed

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    With OEM 1&2 Colts available for $750 & less, I still just don’t understand why people even consider anything less.
    Budget...a complete PSA lower for under $150 is affordable for some people. I have a Stealth complete lower that I paid $109 for a few years ago that I have as a spare.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    With OEM 1&2 Colts available for $750 & less, I still just don’t understand why people even consider anything less.
    agree
    why take the chance with PSA qc and track record.

Feedback Score
    This. But then OMG gummint profile, carbine gas, the f***ed up markings, etc etc.
    Last edited by Uncas47; 03-10-24 at 21:36. Reason: spelling
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    This. But then OMG gummint profile, carbine gas, the f***ed up markings, etc etc.
    I prefer carbine, works in all environments regardless of temp.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    I prefer carbine, works in all environments regardless of temp.
    I have nothing else.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    I have nothing else.
    I only own Colt, LMT, KAC, and CA now and all but the Colts are Mid Length/Rifle Length. The Colt is the one I'd grab if I have to take one only

Feedback Score
    I'm glad PSA is making shooting sports less of a spend barrier to entry. In a representative system, it will be useful.

If their customers outpace the capability of the wares, it's an easy push pin upgrade.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A few years ago i made a post about BCM barrel accuracy. Long story short in that post I shot my Colt 6920 for groups using American Eagle 55 grain ball. It shot a 1.66 MOA 5 shot group. It averages more like 2 MOA. At that time the rifle had roughly 13k rounds through it. It still shoots roughly the same at about 15k rounds. I haven't grouped it on paper recently, but it still hits what I aim at.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Recently picked up an 11.5 PSA upper for 219.00. I believe the rail is an older model with a flared out section over the barrel nut. Big fan! (https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...bcg-or-ch.html) Slapped a MicroBest BCG and a BCM charging handle I had laying around into the upper and took her out this morning. The upper went together nice and tight on my Sionics lower. Put a couple hundred rounds of 62gr PRVI through it with nice little brass piles at the 4 o’clock. Zero issues.

I had read from a lot of people to make sure the rail was tight as they had had theirs come loose. Mine was solid, and perfectly lined up with the upper.

Overall pleased, and look forward to shootin the shit out of this thing. Will have a suppressor on it next time!

Feedback Score
    PSA offers some of the absolute lowest prices on ARs, and for all of the reports of folks ending up with lemons, the ratio of satisfied customers seems to by higher. Of course, this is where someone is likely to make some sort of ignorant comment consisting of rude presumptions of those who purchase budget-priced ARs, but I've read no shortage of positive feedback from those who own multiple ARs of varying degrees of quality, often times with PSA still receiving praise despite the purchaser clearly possessing an eye for quality based on their other ARs.

I believe there are simply a lot of folks who aren't quite as satisfied or confident in their decision to purchase a high-end AR as they let on, so they feel the need to reassure themselves that their money was well spent by denigrating PSA and dismissing their ARs as complete junk because even the idea that an otherwise adequate, entry level AR could be had for so cheap when they spent upwards of a grand on their AR upsets them.

I almost bought a PSA Upper/Lower during a Sale last Summer, as the allure of building a complete AR for $329 was undeniable, but ultimately I decided to spend a couple hundred more on a police trade-in M&P15X. I think I made the better decision, but I'm open to the possibility that I might have been able to get a PSA of equal or better quality for less. I couldn't say for sure unless I had a time machine, but nevertheless, I'm happy with what I received.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast