Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W Model 29 Classic-Internal Lock

Feedback Score
    I have a couple of guns with the lock. I'm not fond of the lock but the models were not available until after the tragic lock debacle occurred.

At this point, one gun has nearly 5 cases of ammo through it and the other one has close to three. No issues with either lock; hopefully that's a good indicator.

Good luck with your 29. Keep looking for a sweet deal an early one but in the meantime you have a gun you can simply enjoy shooting.

Feedback Score
    I've finally forgiven S&W for their sins. I expect all the Honcho's that bedded with the Clinton's are long gone !!!

Feedback Score
    I have a sample of one, a 629-6 6" I bought some years ago to keep from putting too many rounds through the 29-2. I'd not intended to ever have a Hillary Hole revolver, but after handling it I found the action and balance surprisingly good and plunked down the cash. I mainly use it for a knock-around, and I've not had the lock actuate over (hundreds) of rounds. I had planned to remove it, but I am just curious to see if it ever fails.

Feedback Score
    Good grief.

I have a new make 686+ that's been great.

I paid $40 for the machined & polished button, removed the lock and plugged the hole.

Now I don't have to worry about it and it looks fine.

Guys will spend $700 on an electronic optic, $250 for an optic cut & custom refinish, $250 on as rail, $100 for a rail fitting that holds a flashlight on, $40 for an HK pistol magazine.

But $40-$50 to prevent their $600-1000 S&W from malfunctioning and make it look like it hasn't been altered? NO!!!!!! It's SO hard! I CAN'T afford it! Why God?!

Feedback Score

I have no intent to alter this beauty. The chances of a lockup is somewhere between slim and none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Every time old cool guns come up SteyrAUG rocks the thread with 10 each of said weapons. Damn.

HW, the lock never bothered me too much, I wouldn't stress. quick story: I have an old Dirty Harry special in mint condition, been fired at the factory twice. Mint mint mint and when I bought it, the pawnshop shipped the gun in the wooden box in a Priority mail bag. So the wood box is broke to shit but the gun is the most beautiful blueing on the World. I have a couple of Recessed wheel, barrel pinned, firing pin guns that I treasure. Revolvers are just so cool. I even went new school and bought the New NYC SWOT 8 shot banger. Revos are very cool, good luck with your new gun. Enjoy shooting that bad boy and dont let those haters get in your head.
    PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-20-23 at 15:15.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Good grief.

I have a new make 686+ that's been great.

I paid $40 for the machined & polished button, removed the lock and plugged the hole.

Now I don't have to worry about it and it looks fine.

Guys will spend $700 on an electronic optic, $250 for an optic cut & custom refinish, $250 on as rail, $100 for a rail fitting that holds a flashlight on, $40 for an HK pistol magazine.

But $40-$50 to prevent their $600-1000 S&W from malfunctioning and make it look like it hasn't been altered? NO!!!!!! It's SO hard! I CAN'T afford it! Why God?!

I don't think its the money, its the hassle and worry someone is going to mess up your nice gun. Do tell where you got it done, what parts you bought/where and where you sent it to get done. The entire process lined out.......and shoot us a pic. Im interested if it aint no thing.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I don't think its the money, its the hassle and worry someone is going to mess up your nice gun. Do tell where you got it done, what parts you bought/where and where you sent it to get done. The entire process lined out.......and shoot us a pic. Im interested if it aint no thing.

PB
    Someone with your skills can easily do it yourself PB.

I don't show it explicitly in this video, but if you take it down to this level it will virtually just fall out on its own.

https://vimeo.com/788900871?share=copy

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Seems like it should be easy to neuter a lock, enjoy your 29.

As for myself, I'm a hopeless P&R junkie. Thankfully I grabbed my 29 when mortals could afford them.

These are more my speed. I need a model 15-3 to go with my 18-3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    Did it myself. I'm no gun smith.

Here is one video. I bought his hole-filling part, too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kMI8r27Hp90

https://www.originalprecision.com/lock-delete-kit.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast