Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical Mod 2

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Beretta 1301 Tactical Mod 2

Looks like Beretta has upgraded the 1301 Tactical and this time they emphasized the name with MOD 2 in the title.

As far as I can tell this new generation features three improvements: a straight trigger, the pro lifter, and M-lok slots on the forend rather than just being on the barrel clamp.

Of course, it is offered in all black, but for a bill or two more they are offering it in fde and odg.
    I'm not liking the fde and odg colors with every large part being "that" color sans the mag tube extension, still being black.

The 1301 MOD 2 still does not seem to have the enlarged loading port like on Beretta's A300 Patrol model.

Hmm???...I want a 1301, but is the MOD 2 worth waiting for? Prices are showing a couple hundred more than the 1301 gen2 presently on shelves.

The three new features on the MOD 2 over the current model are only one that I want, and two that I don't. YMMV

I have a GG&G pic rail attachment via the barrel lug nut, so no M-lok slots needed. I also don't really like straight triggers unless I am precision bench shooting, so that's a non-issue item. I would like the pro lifter. But that can obviously be added at some point to a 1301. I guess also, if I really wanted the forend with them M-lok slots that I could acquire one of those in the future.

Anyway, just passing on some ShotGun news.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/firear...mType:Shotguns
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I walked into my LGS and they had a Langdon 1301 and a HK P30L Light LEM Langdon guns. I'm like just fke me, I want both of these guns. I have zero need for either but who really needs anything.

I hear great things about the 1301, even Benelli peeps have to admit those guns are nice.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve been told the non-black versions are actually cerakoted this time around instead of the weaker paint finish from the earlier guns.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckusjuice View Post
    I’ve been told the non-black versions are actually cerakoted this time around instead of the weaker paint finish from the earlier guns.
    I wonder if that includes the stock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I wonder if that includes the stock
    I think the stock and handguard are just colored polymer. I don’t think they’re painted or coated in any way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Of course this is announced right after I just bought the last model latest and greatest. I wonder if these parts are backwards compatible so I can upgrade my brand new shotgun to the newest version.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Based on what was stated in the original post....

I don't expect the straight trigger to offer any meaningful improvement.

The Pro Lifter might/should be a direct replacement. Other models with the same receiver have it, so I don't see why this one couldn't also.

If the barrel and gas system are the same, then the new forend might also be a direct replacement.

I haven't had my 1301T long enough to have experienced an issue with the stock lifter, but I have considered doing a bit of research on upgrading mine.

If the MLOK slots are in good locations, then that might be a worthy upgrade. I'm using a GG&G Mag Clamp on mine as a light mount. It works, pretty well, but the MLOK forend might offer a better solution.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess I should have done some reading. Looks like it’s all compatible. Yeah I’m not so much interested in the trigger and handguard but I look forward to not snagging my gloved thumb in the lifter.

Feedback Score
    I was just out training with my 1301T this weekend, and it always makes me smile. Mine is a Gen 2 version, but not this latest Mod2, so not sure if the pro-lifter was included on the past Gen2 versions?

I run the aftermarket Aridus handguard with Mlok slots, but it's an extra $200 and always thought this should be standard, so it's good to see them adding an mlok compatible handguard.

As for the trigger, is it just shaped different, or is it a lighter pull?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The pro lifter was never on the 1301T until this model.

The pro lifter can be put on any 1301/A400 shotgun, you just need to get the 3” or 3.5” receiver one as needed.

Everyone should get the pro lifter. It’s a great upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast