Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if? Optic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To those of you choosing the Acog, in a true SHTF situation aren't you going to take your longer range bolt gun with you as well?? I know I will. Just an observation...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calebgriffin31 View Post
    To those of you choosing the Acog, in a true SHTF situation aren't you going to take your longer range bolt gun with you as well?? I know I will. Just an observation...
    In what, your little red combat wagon?

My plans for most things are the same as my plans for hurricanes; I either hunker down with my known supplies and try to wait it out, or I grab my bare necessities and haul ass.

Even if we're talking about some romanticized fantaslyland Red Dawn scenario, running around in the woods with two guns is going to get real old real fast.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    In what, your little red combat wagon?

My plans for most things are the same as my plans for hurricanes; I either hunker down with my known supplies and try to wait it out, or I grab my bare necessities and haul ass.

Even if we're talking about some romanticized fantaslyland Red Dawn scenario, running around in the woods with two guns is going to get real old real fast.
    LMAO... yup, good luck trying to move from cover to cover quickly and quietly with that bolt rifle hanging on your back... As rob_s said, if I'm at home, fine, I'll keep all my weapons loaded and within reach, and if I see something coming from a long ways off, I'll grab the M700 - otherwise I'll grab my AR and as many mags as I can comfortably carry and other necessities and try and get somewhere silently and safely.

EDIT: Forgot to add my choice on the matter... out of the options that were given I'd choose a TA01NSN or TA31F, otherwise a TA11 - I got to play with one recently and I wish I would've gotten an 11 rather than buying my 01NSN.
    Also not mentioned - I think the 1-4x variable optic would serve a very useful spot here... TR24 comes to mind, as well as the MK4 MR/T 1.5-5x, S&B SD, IOR 1-4x, TR21, etc...
    Last edited by Damascus; 01-08-09 at 20:14.
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    If things went sideways, the last thing I'd want is CQB. Ideally, I want to evade contact, period. I'm REALLY liking what I've seen of the TR24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fabulous45s View Post
    If things went sideways, the last thing I'd want is CQB. Ideally, I want to evade contact, period. I'm REALLY liking what I've seen of the TR24.
    +1

i love the low power variables. i really want a TR24.

since i don't have that, right now i would have to go with my amber TR21. i know it has lots of limitations. its not as durable as an ACOG. i have Aimpoints and i love them, but if things go sideways its E&E time for me.

just seems like the most versatile option in my no Short Dot world
    TUEBOR

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Aimpoint for fast aquisition.
    K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Aimpoint for me

If crap happens than it is E&E for me so if I have to shoot back it will be a CQB type thing.

M4S or t1 depending on what gun I have.

(M4S in stock btw)

Chad
    Last edited by chadbag; 01-09-09 at 03:11.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    If the SHTF, I would be sporting a Trijicon product, for sure. I'd also most certainly be avoiding CQB like the plague. If anyone's still kickin' after the Tritium's long dead, the fibre optic would be rather handy.

Good luck finding batteries in a PAW.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123