Thread: CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park

I'm planning a trip this Friday or Saturday from Atlanta, only a couple hours drive. Haven't been before but seems like I can spend the day shooting 25-600 with pistol and rifle based on their website and online reviews. Love the idea of electronic scoring and not walking downrange.

Any recent visitors with tips/tricks/reviews so I don't miss out on anything critical?

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I'm planning a trip this Friday or Saturday from Atlanta, only a couple hours drive. Haven't been before but seems like I can spend the day shooting 25-600 with pistol and rifle based on their website and online reviews. Love the idea of electronic scoring and not walking downrange.

Any recent visitors with tips/tricks/reviews so I don't miss out on anything critical?
    They also have a unknown range steel targets as well. I think it goes out to 700. You will have to first sight in your rifles at the 100yd range and get the sheet checked off to do the 600m digital and the unknown ranges.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    They also have a unknown range steel targets as well. I think it goes out to 700. You will have to first sight in your rifles at the 100yd range and get the sheet checked off to do the 600m digital and the unknown ranges.
    I saw that was new with ~100 targets on that range. Between my Noveske 14.5" (loves 64-77gr), HK91 clone and some pistols feels like it will be a day of fun for $30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post

It is unlike what you’ve ever shot on. I shot there during the inaugural matches and enjoyed it. The last two years my daughter high school air rifle team has been invited to Anniston. I take the kids there and let them shoot my MK-12 out to 600. They now look forward to going there.

Daniel
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I spent a few hours there after my CMP AMC course function testing and zeroing the rifle. It's a beautiful facility...I wish I lived closer.

The CMP has a store on site, so take some cash if you're into that sort of thing.

Enjoy!