Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Any Reason to Choose Glock 17 over 34?

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    I just finished a brownells Glock 17 gen3 slide cut for dpp upper with all original Glock parts and griffin armament g17 threaded barrel. This is going ontop of my g34 frame for range work till I decide on a new gen5.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Looks great man. I’d buy it from you the 17/34 if you want to get ride of one. Love my Gen 3’s.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    It's interesting the X300 is so much longer than my less expensive TLR-1. Not mine either:

To be clear, the length of pistol + light did not drive me to think about a G34. It's just that running a light makes the OAL a non-factor between them.

Andy

P.S. I picked up a used Gen3 G34 and shot it a little this weekend. Time will decide if I keep all 3 - G19, G17, G34.

P.P.S. Folks hate the Gen3 grooves, but the 17/34 grooves fit my sausage fingers like they were made for me. The G19 gooves are another matter, but my G19 is a Gen2 anyway.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    Looks great man. I’d buy it from you the 17/34 if you want to get ride of one. Love my Gen 3’s.
    I stole the pic from Cheaper than Dirt.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-09-24 at 07:01.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No bad choices either way, the point about having standoff w a 17 and WML is a good one. I prefer the recoil impulse, longer sight radius (if used w irons) and that there is less carbon buildup on the WML lens with the 34. Would recommend getting G34 holsters regardless for flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DVC
    ABS : Cars = CTC Lasers : Pistols

Feedback Score
    My EDC is my Glock 35, 357sig which has a 6 inch barrel in it.

If I were going into a harsh environment, I would take a different gun Glock 31 gen 3 with a KKM Glock 35 length barrel, which would have the extended part of the barrel mag na ported.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought my son a G34 and it shoots very nice. Nothing wrong with adding a G to the stable. Im not a Glock guy but one can't deny their well earned reputation.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    If concealment is not an issue, I like my G34 over my G17. Both are gen 3's.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    Could you elaborate? I’m confused by why there needs to be a 47.
    I run 19s exclusively because
    1. Im apparently a homo, and run rds
    2. The recoil is quicker so I get more info during long, fast (insert gay "oh" noise here)strings of fire.
    3. Its consistent for all uses
    4. Its never held me back. Ive beat plenty of guys with weighted czs, the 19/17/34 differences are a waste of time. It doesnt matter - go get good. The gear wont change anything until youre nationally competitive (reliability being the only exception).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My son is 16 now and doesn't share the passion for shooting that I do. That being said, he does come shooting with me as I told him that I want him to know how to handle and shoot firearms, even if he doesn't make it his hobby. He's starting to enjoy it more now. Up until now, I've had him practice on a .22LR conversion for my G17. A couple of weeks ago, I let him shoot a G19, G17 w/red dot and comp, and a G34. Interestingly, he liked the G19 best and he shot well with it. He didn't like the recoil impulse of the G34.
    I don't shoot the G34 any better than a G17, but did like the fact that the longer barrel didn't smoke up the front of my light as much. So, I added a PMM comp to my G17 which makes it the same length as the G34 and I'm really happy with that set up as a range gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice P80s! Those are just effing fantastic.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast