Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lancer L5AWM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lancer L5AWM

Forgive me in failing to do enough research before I spent the money last year. The 15 Lancer L5AWM 556 magazines that have been fully loaded for a year were finally utilized last week. After my experience during that range outing, a few searches on this forum and other web based sources, yes, the Lancer L5AWM 556 will fail on multiple attempts and with multiple magazines to feed from either an open or closed bolt. Multiple rounds were steeply lodged into the top of the chamber and damaged. Once the magazines were downloaded to 25, the failure to feed situation stopped.
    Last edited by Krazykarl; 01-02-24 at 18:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll chime in....I have a few Lancer mags from 2016 to present.. I had a 2016 production Lancer mag in one of my guns loaded to 28 rounds on a closed bolt that failed to feed when pulling the charging handle and releasing. I tried Pmags, Okay, DH and a brand new Lancer mag all were fully loaded to 30 rounds so it was not the gun. The gun now has a Pmag Gen3 in it.

Needless to say that defective mag was destroyed with a sledge hammer. I did notice that the follower was tilted to the right when the rounds were unloaded, and the spring seemed bent to the right when the mag was taken apart.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I haven’t had any problems with mine, but I don’t store mine loaded either. I use Okay or Magpul Gen M3 for that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I haven’t had any problems with mine, but I don’t store mine loaded either.
    Same, never had any issues with the L5AWMs outside of some of the tabs breaking off near the feed lips, which Lancer has told me has no functional impact. That being said, these days I only use them for FoF, as the translucent ones are easier to verify that I'm loaded with Sims, and Lancer has slightly better customer CS for broken mags compared to Magpul IME (Lancer paid shipping for my replacement mags, Magpul had me pay out of pocket for shipping). A friend of mine did mention that the L5AWMs he'd seen in the field before had some feed issues due to the steel feed lips developing rust and thus causing additional drag when feeding, this was when he went through a rotation at JRTC.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I keep mags loaded in ammo boxes because I don't like to waste time loading mags at the range. I also have been shooting very rarely lately. That means I have mags that sit loaded 2 or more years. I have never had a problem with Lancer mags.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is there a particular date code that I should look for? In the haze of my memory, I thought I read somewhere that Lancer was aware of the issue. It had something to do with the steel feed lips and burrs. Lancer made a change. But I can't remember when this change occurred....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think I have in the neighborhood of 50 Lancer AWM mags, most of which are the translucent smoke. I keep my mags loaded to 30, and though I haven't actually fired all 50ish mags, I've never had any issues at all.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    When it comes to magazines I let the USMC do the testing because they have the resources to do so. Only magazine USMC approved to go to war with is the PMAG gen 3 so that's good enough for me.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have and use multiple brands in assorted guns. One of which is the Lancer L5 AAM. Have perhaps 10-12 and have shot them plenty with no issues.

Feedback Score
    I've got maybe 2 dozen Lancer Mags and never have had any issues with them, and that includes multiple classes. I've got a few loaded for years next to my defensive rifle and no issues at all from them.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast