Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lancer L5AWM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For the guys that report no issues, what date code are the "good" magazines?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My date code is "7 - 20"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    I'm not available to check mine currently, but I've got magazines dating back to '13 or '14 when Lancer used to sell the 3 packs in stores, at the time Lancers and Troy's were some of the only magazines I could find after the 2012 buying scare
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just checked a few, and I have mags from 2012-2019. No issues in the dozen or so that I've actually used. Mostly the older ones.

ETA: Found one from 2011. It's a clear 20 rounder. This was the mag I kept in my truck gun and has been constantly fully loaded for the about 12 years. Have also used it for occasional bench shooting. No issues.
    Last edited by georgeib; 01-03-24 at 20:12.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Same, never had any issues with the L5AWMs outside of some of the tabs breaking off near the feed lips, which Lancer has told me has no functional impact. That being said, these days I only use them for FoF, as the translucent ones are easier to verify that I'm loaded with Sims, and Lancer has slightly better customer CS for broken mags compared to Magpul IME (Lancer paid shipping for my replacement mags, Magpul had me pay out of pocket for shipping). A friend of mine did mention that the L5AWMs he'd seen in the field before had some feed issues due to the steel feed lips developing rust and thus causing additional drag when feeding, this was when he went through a rotation at JRTC.
    Any idea what these non functional tabs breaking off are actually for? I have never liked the looks of those tabs as some have it, some have it more and some dont have it at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, another voice here for the "never had a problem with them" camp. Ran them pretty extensively for a while about a decade ago, and only switched back to PMags once the MCT Gen 3s came out.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    There's a footnote on Lancer's website: "NSN: 1005-01-657-7839 (L5AWM 30 – Translucent Smoke)". Are these a training use item or some such?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was wrong. I had 30 not 15 Lancer magazines. Sold them all yesterday. Magpul gen3 magazines are on their way. I don't have the patience nor time to troubleshoot magazines. The Lancer product did not work for me.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Lancer L5AWM

I have had over a dozen AWM's in rotation (mostly translucent and black 30's) for the last ten years or so. Along with D&H + MP follower, & PMAG Gen M3.

Though PMAG's are certainly my favorites, I have not had any issues with my AWM's.

This doesn't negate your issues. Just adding another data point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 01-11-24 at 16:28.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Is there a particular date code that I should look for? In the haze of my memory, I thought I read somewhere that Lancer was aware of the issue. It had something to do with the steel feed lips and burrs. Lancer made a change. But I can't remember when this change occurred....
    I guess it's too late for the OP, but hopefully this will be helpful for others.

My understanding is that followers with the 3/15 manufacturing date code (March 2015) are problematic. My understanding is that these followers are only in mags that also have the 3/15 manufacturing date code, and Lancer was aware of the issue.

I have used 30 rd Lancer L5AWM mags quite a bit for years (none had the 3/15 date code followers). They have worked fine for me, and are probably my go to mags.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast