Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: So God gave us Trump.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Split hairs, he gets it out on some social media platform.
    Are you referring to Truth Social? It's owned by Trump Media & Technology Group Corp and will reportedly start trading on NASDAQ under the symbol DJT tomorrow.

Trump will own close to 80 million shares. At current prices that would put his stake around $4 billion. Share price seems driven by a lot of unbridled speculation right now. DWAC (last day before changing to DJT) reportedly up 35% today to $50. Best upside day since Jan 22 after DeSantis, the guy who said he was in for the long haul, gave up after the first primary... tsk-tsk. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how things unfold.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Are you referring to Truth Social? It's owned by Trump Media & Technology Group Corp and will reportedly start trading on NASDAQ under the symbol DJT tomorrow.

Trump will own close to 80 million shares. At current prices that would put his stake around $4 billion. Share price seems driven by a lot of unbridled speculation right now. DWAC (last day before changing to DJT) reportedly up 35% today to $50. Best upside day since Jan 22 after DeSantis, the guy who said he was in for the long haul, gave up after the first primary... tsk-tsk. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how things unfold.
    Trump will need the $$$. The Deep State is seeking any way they can to break him, financially or otherwise. Besides, did it ever occur to you that if his Jan. 22nd stock bump was so big maybe it was because his most legitimate (politically) adversary dropped out? Save for Tim Scott, who strikes me as kind of milquetoast but not like the rest, the remainder of the Republican field was RINO-ish. If you are a conservative then DeSantis was the man. If you are a populist, then Trump is the man......and you drag the rest of us into voting for him lest we get another 4 years of left-wing insanity and freakishness. Of course we may get that anyway if fraud isn't reigned in, but you get my point.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    No other politician, and especially no real conservative, has the balls or the guts to stand up and fight the machine like Trump has. What do you want, another Mitt Romney to reach across the aisle and give away the rest of the store? We're already in the fight, you might as well accept it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Trump will need the $$$. The Deep State is seeking any way they can to break him, financially or otherwise. Besides, did it ever occur to you that if his Jan. 22nd stock bump was so big maybe it was because his most legitimate (politically) adversary dropped out? Save for Tim Scott, who strikes me as kind of milquetoast but not like the rest, the remainder of the Republican field was RINO-ish. If you are a conservative then DeSantis was the man. If you are a populist, then Trump is the man......and you drag the rest of us into voting for him lest we get another 4 years of left-wing insanity and freakishness. Of course we may get that anyway if fraud isn't reigned in, but you get my point.
    I think there were a lot of folks like me who were wondering if DeSantis knew something that they didn't. After all, DeSantis kept saying what a superior ground game he built, and that Iowans were telling him a much different story than polls suggested. DeSantis spent most all of his time in Iowa while ignoring other early primary states, and out$pent Trump in Iowa about 2 to 1. When reality was revealed that DeSantis was FOS and got curb stomped as polling suggested, yes, it drove up share price. A type of relief rally that the highly unlikely was indeed not happening. Much of the success of Truth Social is dependent on Trump returning to the Oval Office, at least as it is now. It will be interesting to see how things unfold.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-25-24 at 21:47.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    So? Last time I checked the political world didn't revolve around Trump and he certainly didn't have a monopoly on running, i.e. anyone who wanted to could run. God forbid they anger the Orange Julius. He was not in the White House, so wasn't an incumbent. He certainly had his detractors (and still does), and he was certainly not entitled to be the "How dare you run against me" de facto Republican candidate.

His freaking mouth (via spoken words or Twitter) are what alienated DeSantis. I'll give Ron the credit of not groveling for a second place VP spot.

I do have to ask though: if Trump loses again, even with chicanery like 2020, do we HAVE to do this a fourth time in 2028? Are the diehards EVER going to let it be as long as Trump is above ground? NVM, I suspect I know the answer.....
    Let me break it down for you. I’d rather put Trump’s dead, bloated corpse out in the summer sun, get diseased rats to gnaw on his corpse until he’s covered in festering pustules, load him up in a trebuchet and fling him into the DNC headquarters, than vote for one more RINO GOPe idiot like the RNC has produced for the past 30 years. It would do more good than every one of them combined.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 03-26-24 at 10:25.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    than vote for one more RINO GOPe idiot like the RNC has produced for the past 30 years. It would do more good than very one of them combined.
    So let’s pretend we live in a world where trump never existed but everyone else does.

Who’s your guy?
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only thing worse than the TDS/"Never Trumper" crowds are the Always/Only Trump guys.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    So let’s pretend we live in a world where trump never existed but everyone else does.

Who’s your guy?
    Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are the only real constitutionalists I've seen in quite some time. We have a lot of fire breathing rhetoric dispensers running around currently, but none I'd trust to hold the line and get the job done. Besides, I think focusing on "who's your guy" is the wrong approach. It does no good to erect a tent over a groundwater mudhole, which is what the GOP currently is. Instead of focusing on the canopy, it would behoove us to focus on creating a solid ground to stake out.

Feedback Score
    Ted Cruz was my second choice in 2016 behind Trump. Brilliant conservative. He's got a Podcast: Verdict With Ted Cruz. Three or more 30-40min shows each week covering political current events.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-26-24 at 12:08.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Ted Cruz was my second choice in 2016 behind Trump. Brilliant conservative. He's got a Podcast: Verdict With Ted Cruz. Three or more 30-40min shows each week covering political current events.
    He was my first choice in 2016 as well. By the time my state voted in the primaries Trump had too much momentum.

Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast