Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deltapoint Pro with AR mount

Feedback Score

Deltapoint Pro with AR mount

Opinions/experiences other than it's expensive? I like the size and thin frame. ....

Feedback Score
    Open emitter as a primary optic on a long gun? Hard pass, especially with the DPP, which is apparently particularly susceptible to rain blocking the emitter. Having to cycle through the brightness setting with only one button also seem to suck.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Describe "open emitter"? Was actually gonna put it on a 7 1/2 braceless (for a while,anyway), 5in buffer tubed pistol I was gonna shoot SAS style for giggles.... I hope...

Thanks....
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 01-07-24 at 06:22.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    On a Range Gun sure, serious use no.
    “Open emitter” RD has single lens/glass with emitter open to elements. A drop of rain on emitter turns a clearly defined 2 or 6 MOA DOT into a large formless mass.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Duly noted.

So, are all these other "tv screen" red dots I see on so many true pistols (non-AR) of the same design?

Thanks, again.
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 01-07-24 at 11:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They seem to be the same design, and yet are OK?

RMRs as back-ups on ARs also seem to be considered good to go by many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Well I’m not sure what you’ve seen.

“Closed emitter” RD have glass on both ends, effectively sealing/“weather proofing” internal/emitter.
    These are my preference on carry pistols, and would be on a serious use Carbine as well.
    Cleaning lint and dust out of the screen/glass of “open emitter” RDs was a PITA. The Closed Emitter, glass on both ends, make this very easy; simply wiping front and rear glass as opposed to digging crap out of edges of single window of open emitter.
    I limit my use of open emitter RDs to Range blasters.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    On a Range Gun sure, serious use no.
    Agreed. Not sure what triggerjerk mean by expensive. Has to be way cheaper than an aimpoint. There's a mount consideration I guess?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Not too expensive. $500 with mount ass opposed to Holosun and Truglo. Was given complete upper and had internals, etc. lying around. $200 bucks in the build, including flip ups (which I don't think I'll like much). Again, this for a blaster ar pistol with no brace, so want to stay smaller, but.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    They seem to be the same design, and yet are OK?

RMRs as back-ups on ARs also seem to be considered good to go by many.
    That's as a back up optic, not a primary optic. Also, RMRs are suppose to be far less susceptible to rain causing issues with the emitter compared to the DPP, just the ways the designs are with the emitter locations and stuff. I recall being in a Pressburg class where he talked about how much CAG loved the DPP when it first came out, and then they took it out to a competition where it was raining, and it ****ed everyone, and folks went back to the RMR.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast