Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PWS UXR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is funny is that they send all of these teaser videos, and yet, you click on their 2024 catalog on their website and it shows the gun. Hopefully, there will be some pics of the operating system. I am curious what they did. It says long-stroke piston, however, the barrel assembly makes it look like a short stroke unless they link the piston with the carrier like the SG 55X series of rifles do.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    What is funny is that they send all of these teaser videos, and yet, you click on their 2024 catalog on their website and it shows the gun. Hopefully, there will be some pics of the operating system. I am curious what they did. It says long-stroke piston, however, the barrel assembly makes it look like a short stroke unless they link the piston with the carrier like the SG 55X series of rifles do.
    Normal PWS long stroke piston ARs have a disconnecting link from the BCG.

So I assume that’s what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That would make sense, as that is how my 2nd gen PWS rifle is. Still curious to see what they did.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Very interesting and not at all what I expected. It’ll apparently support 7.62x39 with AK mags, also.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I kind of hope they don’t go the route of the Colt 901 because it tends to give an overbuilt weapon when used with micro action calibers.
    Based on the video above, that magazine well looks large like the Colt 901. I like the idea of having two different base cartridge versions like the Robinson XCR.

Feedback Score
    I'll probably end up buying one of these after more reviews by more credible reviewers, but I'm a PWS fan for sure and I like the idea of a light weight 308 like the SFAR but with the reliability of PWS. I would like to see how the "elongated travel piston" works overtime as this is not their standard long stroke "AK" inspired piston system.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post

Very interesting and not at all what I expected. It’ll apparently support 7.62x39 with AK mags, also.
    Wow! Color me impressed!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    * Interview with design engineer for the new PWS UXR, and full breakdown of the rifle.
    * The UXR is an insanely modular long stroke piston design.
    * Caliber, barrel, and mag-well changes in a couple minutes.
    * Can take rock and lock AK mags.
    * Calibers include 308, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7.62x39, 5.56, 300 AAC
    * Sub 1 MOA guarantee with match ammo
    * 1/2 MOA return to zero after barrel or caliber change
    * First rifle with tank technology bore evacuator on barrel. Results in gasses being evacuated forward with no gas to the face.
    * 16" heavy barrel configuration weighs 6.8 lbs.
    * Full ambi
    * Non-reciprocating charging handle, but can still act as a forward assist when bolt is OOB.
    * Takes AR triggers.
    * Comes with TriggerTech adjustable trigger, adjustable from 2.5-5 lbs.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    * Interview with design engineer for the new PWS UXR, and full breakdown of the rifle.
    * The UXR is an insanely modular long stroke piston design.
    * Caliber, barrel, and mag-well changes in a couple minutes.
    * Can take rock and lock AK mags.
    * Calibers include 308, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7.62x39, 5.56, 300 AAC
    * Sub 1 MOA guarantee with match ammo
    * 1/2 MOA return to zero after barrel or caliber change
    * First rifle with tank technology bore evacuator on barrel. Results in gasses being evacuated forward with no gas to the face.
    * 16" heavy barrel configuration weighs 6.8 lbs.
    * Full ambi
    * Non-reciprocating charging handle, but can still act as a forward assist when bolt is OOB.
    * Takes AR triggers.
    * Comes with TriggerTech adjustable trigger, adjustable from 2.5-5 lbs.
    This looks amazing on paper
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It was designed by someone who worked on the SIG MCX, so that’s an interesting tidbit. It’s not the long-stroke piston design that PWS is known for. It’s kind of a hybrid between the short stroke tappet style piston but with a longer initial stroke and the carrier isn’t attached to the piston rod anymore.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast