Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PWS UXR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    It was designed by someone who worked on the SIG MCX, so that’s an interesting tidbit. It’s not the long-stroke piston design that PWS is known for. It’s kind of a hybrid between the short stroke tappet style piston but with a longer initial stroke and the carrier isn’t attached to the piston rod anymore.
    Looks quite interesting and only 6.8 lbs is impressive. Can't wait to see some reviews from some of the more trusted sources, however, I have little doubt that PWS will stand behind it and will make it 100%. They have great C.S. Just when I think I am done looking at new guns.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I hate to tell them, but Gemtech already makes an upper with a tank style bore evacuator. Their GVAC upper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    $2650 MSRP seems high for a 5.56 or 223 Wylde configuration, I would like this more in the $1800-$2200, which it might be in LGS's as time goes on

https://www.primaryweapons.com/uxr-2...el-w-frc-comp/
    Last edited by Hank6046; 01-19-24 at 23:35. Reason: LINKS
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I just bought one of their MK114 Mod2's. Retail price is $2,050, but I got it for $1,626. That's 20.7% off MSRP. Apply that same percentage to $2,650 and your at $2,101. Of course with new offerings like this, you have to wait a year or two before the street prices level out. That's a good idea anyway. No matter how good their engineering is, there's always something that's going to need to be modified.

Feedback Score
    It looks like a good concept, it's building off of proven designs (AR-18, SCAR, ACR, BREN, etc), and it also looks to be trying to improve upon attempted proof of concepts designs of the past that were, at the time, not ready for action (i.e. the Colt CM901). It looks like it would be, in theory, noticeably more advanced than current rifles without being too ahead of its time. How well it works remains to be seen, but I like the idea.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It would be interesting to see it made in the FN 6.5 LICC cartridge since it would fit. Of course that depends on the cartridge taking off which is obviously a tall order.

Also a .277 Sig Furry would be interesting once ammo becomes available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dilemma- What would you do? I have a CZ Bren 2 Carbine on backorder. There is basically no information when it is coming and CZ USA just does not like responding to any inquiries. Also, spare parts are very difficult to come by. I already have two PWS Rifles and their CS is responsive, and frankly, excellent. I am thinking of cancelling my Bren 2 Order and going with one of these. I am sure that PWS will make it 100% if there are any issues. Yeah, I know. Just going back and forth and I do very much like the design of the UXR.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    $2650 MSRP seems high for a 5.56 or 223 Wylde configuration, I would like this more in the $1800-$2200, which it might be in LGS's as time goes on

https://www.primaryweapons.com/uxr-2...el-w-frc-comp/
    It's less than the Spear in 5.56, or the SCAR.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    It's less than the Spear in 5.56, or the SCAR.
    It is, this would be my first foray into a AR-18 derivative type rifle and I still have a hard time because the AR platform is so modular and easy to trouble shoot. Having said that, I've wanted a Remington ACR for the longest time after shooting one at a Police/ LEO vendors conference in 2012 or 13 and the fact that this can go from 308 to 556 really appeals to me
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    It is, this would be my first foray into a AR-18 derivative type rifle and I still have a hard time because the AR platform is so modular and easy to trouble shoot. Having said that, I've wanted a Remington ACR for the longest time after shooting one at a Police/ LEO vendors conference in 2012 or 13 and the fact that this can go from 308 to 556 really appeals to me
    One of the guys that worked on the project said on twitter if you want one to switch barrels with, buy the 308 version first. I guess the cost of swapping up to larger calibers from a 5.56 or x39 will be more of an investment which is to be expected.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast