Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: PWS UXR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Heard from the nice people at PWS that they are now saying Mid-April due to some part supply issues. Looking forward to getting mine. In the interim, I just built a 7.62x39 bolt action chassis gun for fun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    Heard from the nice people at PWS that they are now saying Mid-April due to some part supply issues. Looking forward to getting mine. In the interim, I just built a 7.62x39 bolt action chassis gun for fun
    This is hilarious, because my FFL emailed me maybe 20 minutes ago saying that they don't expect them until May-June
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    This is hilarious, because my FFL emailed me maybe 20 minutes ago saying that they don't expect them until May-June
    The email I received was directly from the folks at PWS. Received it today at 11:52 am. We shall see. Regardless, if they need to take a little time to make it perfect I am all for that.

Feedback Score
    The email I received was directly from the folks at PWS. Received it today at 11:52 am. We shall see. Regardless, if they need to take a little time to make it perfect I am all for that.
    It's the standard Shotshow tail, releasing soon turns into a longer and longer lead-times, either way it being PWS I honestly believe they'll get it right
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I just bought one of their MK114 Mod2's. Retail price is $2,050, but I got it for $1,626. That's 20.7% off MSRP. Apply that same percentage to $2,650 and your at $2,101. Of course with new offerings like this, you have to wait a year or two before the street prices level out. That's a good idea anyway. No matter how good their engineering is, there's always something that's going to need to be modified.
    Those rifles shoot nicely. Let us know if you have any extraction or ejection problems.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    As much as I like this rifle's concept, I don't really see any genuine utility for the civilian in being able to switch barrels and calibers. Not that it isn't cool; I just don't think it particularly useful. Most people just own more than one rifle. In a military context, I can see more possibilities however.

Of course, this is coming from a guy that is liable to build another rifle or pistol if he has too many spare parts lying around, so...
    Honestly, I think modularity has even less value in the military context than civilian. It always sounds good until you remember that guns need to be zeroed, or the conversion parts actually issued and accounted for, or that 5.56 is optimal for a fighting carbine. With that said, I can see buying a 7.62x39 version of this.

I wish all manufacturers introduced new rifles the way that they did with a full breakdown and explanation by the engineer who designed the rifle.
    Indeed. Pistols, too.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Those rifles shoot nicely. Let us know if you have any extraction or ejection problems.
    I won't get to find out. The retailer cancelled the order to due unavailability. I looked the next day on gun.deals and everyone was out of stock. It looks like PWS is focusing on the UXR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Honestly, I think modularity has even less value in the military context than civilian. It always sounds good until you remember that guns need to be zeroed, or the conversion parts actually issued and accounted for, or that 5.56 is optimal for a fighting carbine. With that said, I can see buying a 7.62x39 version of this.

Indeed. Pistols, too.
    I bought a mk116 mod 2 a few years ago. Had wanted one of their piston rifles for a while before that, but couldn't bring myself to spend the $.

I did have a single extraction issue very early on. I want to say it was switching between steel and brass cased ammo, but I don't remember exactly. Either way, I promptly replaced the extractor spring with a new BCM spring and insert, and cleaned the chamber until it shone. Haven't had a single issue in a couple or so thousand rounds since. FWIW.

As to the modularity of the UXR being of little use to the military, I tend to agree when it comes to being in the field. Was thinking it might have some value during training, with parts/kits being kept by the armorers. And also in the context of offering multiple calibers in a single weapon system that can fairly easily be customized to fit mission specific requirements.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post

I did have a single extraction issue very early on. I want to say it was switching between steel and brass cased ammo, but I don't remember exactly. Either way, I promptly replaced the extractor spring with a new BCM spring and insert, and cleaned the chamber until it shone. Haven't had a single issue in a couple or so thousand rounds since. FWIW.
    about 6-7 years ago, I made the acquaintance of a friend-of-a-friend that had been having trouble with his 14.5”, new. From his description, I couldn’t tell if he was having an extractor spring problem or ejector spring. So we replaced both with Colt ones. He started shooting with me often, and the only problems he’s had since are just from silencer filth, having to turn the gas up a notch.

Its a tank, but its one of the nicest piston guns I’ve shot, and soaks up abuse well, after whatever was going on with the springs. I’m guessing extractor spring, since even expensive manufacturers often seem to feel that’s a place they can skimp.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I was finally able to find a MK114 Mod2 online at a decent price, so I bought it. Now I just need some sort of optic.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567