Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Smith/Lipsey's ultimate carry J-frame

Feedback Score
    Now THAT is something I could spend some money on. I'm a Snub fan, and a .38 Special fan as well! Call me low speed high drag, but I don't give a crap. I really love my Snubs.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a 442UC a week ago Friday. I will try to go to the range Sunday AM. I am impressed w/ the build and special features. Everything works and feels good as I dry fire, the sight picture being most impressive. The grip is a definite upgrade and the trigger is very close to my K frames. Time for holsters and regular practice.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Picked mine up today. Took it to the range and shot some PMC 132 through it just to get a feel for it. I actually didn't care for the grips but I am used to the soft boot grip of the Laser Grip on my j-frames. The trigger was definitely better than standard. I did notice that mine was zeroed a little higher than I am used to. For example, here is a comparison shot with my M&P which has similar, but not quite as good sights...

IMG_9389 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

IMG_9390 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

I shot them both at 10 yards and my old M&P (Scandium .357) shot dead POA/POI at 10 yards and the Ultimate J shot a bit higher. This was consistent throughout my shooting.

IMG_9391 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Let me say, the trigger is much better on the Ultimate J. It feels like my well-broken in old 442 right out of the box.

I also love the sights on this thing. This is the way they should be. The glow in the dark band around the tritium is really impressive and useful. I will say that the sights are high enough that you might find your old nylon pocket posters a bit too small. I noticed my old sticky holster was getting pulled out by the rear sight.

IMG_9383 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Build quality is great, and there were no problems. I will keep you posted.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678