Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith/Lipsey's ultimate carry J-frame

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The Lipsey's guy at the Shot Show in a video said the guns will start shipping at the end of February.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yup, February 26 is the planned ship date.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Careful loading titegroup in revolver loads for defense. I shot an IDPA match with my 642, belly band holster and speed strips in pocket. Shot it like I carry it, basketball shorts and tshirt. After a fast cylinder of 5 shots and titegroup that cylinder was getting so hot it made it hard to flip it out and do reloads. I would do Win 244 or sport pistol for similar load weights but cooler running temps.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Placed an order for the blued 38 Special version today through Scheels, unknown ETA. Haven’t been this excited about a J Frame in a long time. Ordering a Tulster Rath in whiskey color and an Apex trigger kit as well.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Those of you ordering the 32, where are you finding ammo?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pisto...32-hr-mag-ammo

They start at a little over $1 a ROUND. Not for me.

I believe a lot of the .32 mag fans reload their ammo. That's the only way to keep the cost down. But with the price of primer and powder today, I don't know how much you can save.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Careful loading titegroup in revolver loads for defense. I shot an IDPA match with my 642, belly band holster and speed strips in pocket. Shot it like I carry it, basketball shorts and tshirt. After a fast cylinder of 5 shots and titegroup that cylinder was getting so hot it made it hard to flip it out and do reloads. I would do Win 244 or sport pistol for similar load weights but cooler running temps.
    I totally get what you're saying but from a defensive standpoint l'm betting you won't even notice that warm cylinder if you're performing a reload and your life is on the line.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I've banished TG because of this. I shot a pin match relay one hot day that required a reload. Six rounds of 357 mag with a 173 gr Keith and TG. By the time I went through the sixth round the gun felt strange in my hand, it just didn't fit my hand at all anymore. I looked down at my 686 and the Hogue grips were misshapen, the nylon backer that the rubber was attached to had softened. Since I lost the relay anyway I just went home. I pulled the remaining ammo down and ordered a wooden Hogue grip that the 686 wears to this day. Yes, TG gets very hot!
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    I’ve tried a couple LGS and so far I have been unable to order one. Where is everyone going to get on the list?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Those of you ordering the 32, where are you finding ammo?
    Buying lead bullets I reload it for under $10 per 50. That's with current primer pricing.

The least expensive ammo to use for practice in a .327 or .32 mag gun if you don't reload is .32 S&W Long.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast