Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Daniel Defense brings back the Hudson H9

Feedback Score
    Wow, that's disappointing to hear. They must be trying the Sig method of testing.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Let me be clear again: this pistol has a lot of potential. But it's not ready yet. They need to take another look at this and get these little bits right.
    I'm catching a lot of flack elsewhere online, but I don't want to see this as just another mediocre pistol option that fades away. I really want it to become a primary choice for those seeking a serious duty pistol, so I really hope that Daniel Defense is listening and updates it accordingly.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Shot another 150 rounds today. Still no stoppages, except for several failures to lock back when empty. This is due to the size and location of the slide release. It needs to be smaller or located further forwards.

Pistol seems accurate, now that the sights are actually centered. No keyholing. Still shoots very low; shots land in the chest, below the neck, when aiming at the very top of the head at 50 yards (head completely obscured by FSP). I really wish that they didn't do that stupid center hold POA/POI. This is with Trijicon DI sights, so I might have to find a wide but short front sight to replace the DI one. The stock sights shot even lower. This type of sight picture really limits the range of this pistol. This is all exacerbated because of the crappy optics mount system and non-availability of plates.

Rear beavertail sharp points were solved by hand filing. Really silly that I had to do that, but it's comfortable now.

So right now, my main gripes are the slide release and the low POI. Both are fixable issues. The other issues that I listed earlier are all still present as well.

Overall, it's a good gun and, in my opinion, just needs an update to address these issues. It really shouldn't be hard for DD to accomplish that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow. The POI is annoying. No excuse for that on modern pistols. Can't consider that price level if you have to by correction front sight blades.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    WTF ever happened to QC?
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456