Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense brings back the Hudson H9

Feedback Score
    Why would I want a striker fired 1911? The 1911 trigger is the best trigger in a service pistol. No thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Why would I want a striker fired 1911? The 1911 trigger is the best trigger in a service pistol. No thanks.
    Agreed on the trigger, but you have to deal with the 1911's classic reliability issues. The 1911 is a classic car. Cool to own, but damned surely not a daily driver for 99% of the world.

I think the idea with the H9 is you can get some of the great 1911 characteristics, but modern double stack reliability.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like it. Nice to see that at least part of the industry is trying to innovate and get interesting concepts to stick. Probably not for me, at least not this year, but I remember being intrigued by it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Daniels is a cunt, no thanks.
    Can you please explain this comment?
    I don’t know anything about the owners.
    DD makes excellent rifles.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Daniel Defense brings back the Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    At $1299 MSRP, you would expect it to be head and shoulders above other all-metal pistols like the SIG P226, CZ 75, or Beretta 92.
    Yep. A bit too expensive. But it might sell for less once it hits the market.
    Last edited by 202; 02-28-24 at 12:16.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    I like it. Nice to see that at least part of the industry is trying to innovate and get interesting concepts to stick. Probably not for me, at least not this year, but I remember being intrigued by it.
    I agree. Good to see some innovation going. It might not be something I’ll buy, but I hope it does well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 202 View Post
    Can you please explain this comment?
    I don’t know anything about the owners.
    DD makes excellent rifles.
    Some people view DD as pro gun control for support of the Fix NICS act that was passed in 2018 and signed by Trump. In a nutshell the act penalizes state and federal agencies if they fail to submit criminal and mental health records that would prohibit an individual from passing a background check and purchasing a firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Daniel Defense brings back the Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Some people view DD as pro gun control for support of the Fix NICS act that was passed in 2018 and signed by Trump. In a nutshell the act penalizes state and federal agencies if they fail to submit criminal and mental health records that would prohibit an individual from passing a background check and purchasing a firearm.

I see. Who knows how many other gun companies supported the act? Although the biggest issue here was Trump signing it.
    I hope Trump does a 180 on that one and the bump stock measure next time around.
    Last edited by 202; 01-24-24 at 20:00.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I was always sort of turned off by the weird low-slung rail on the H9. The basic concept striker wonder nine with a 1911 trigger is clearly awesome so I will probably buy one of these after the first 8 months or so of production.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post

It's not just that. Marty Daniels, in congressional testimony, said he would not support the abolition of the ATF. Also, following Uvalde and one of his rifles being used in the shooting, he pulled DD out of NRAAM because of pressure from leftist shills. He kowtowed to the gun control lobby.

Daniel Defense is the hero that lived long enough to become the villain.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast