Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New from Smith Wesson- Shot Show 2024

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I would be interested in a 16.5 inch 357 mag version. Looks like a very nice lever gun

I have always wanted to load up some 180 g flat points at 1000 fps. Nice subsonic load that can be suppressed with a 9mm can
    I finally found something I could use CFE-P for and that's it! 180 - 187 bullets from my 3" revolvers give 900-925 fps. Recoil and blast are not offensive. Great accuracy. IIRC I settled on 5.6 grs. Very low ES & SD. But I can double check that charge if you like.

I'm not sure it would go super sonic from a rifle but the load could be cut back a little. Worth a try. HP38 might be a good choice, too as it's a little faster burn.

Feedback Score
    Lever guns get long with a can.

I'd like one with about a 10-12 inch barrel. .357 or .44 mag I'd be a buyer.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I regret selling my Marlin 1894C.

I have hope that suppressors will be legalized in the Communist Republic of Illinoisistan. First order of business for me will be a 9mm can and a decent lever gun.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Lever guns get long with a can.

I'd like one with about a 10-12 inch barrel. .357 or .44 mag I'd be a buyer.
    The Mare's Leg

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    They are nice looking guns, yes the wood is amazing on these. The fit and finish is outstanding, I had to ask the rep if the it was actually wood, it's so refined that it almost doesn't appear to be. The action was smooth, no binding and the trigger crisp. The only odd thing is the mag tube comes out as a unit, not the insert like a Henry, thought that was odd. Me-I'm waiting on the Marlin Dark in .357.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The Mare's Leg
    By chance I just traded for one!

Have to see how it shoots before deciding whether to go down an expensive road for a "fun gun".

Feedback Score
    Well I fired it.

Worked fine. .38 & .357 reloads. New guns, used guns, top tier, lesser tier, and reliability is hit or miss.

However, as others experienced, it shoots very high even with the rear sight bottomed out. 4 inches at 15 yds with 125 gr and higher as you back up. 150 yd to 200 yd zero?

Didn't check group because I really need a rest to do that.

The best way to use it was putting the "stock" to my cheek, then pulling it back to my shoulder to work the action, then back to my cheek to shoot.

A stock, and optic or at least better sights, would be great. So would a threaded barrel & suppressor.

Or, just buy the full-size threaded 16 in rifle, put up with the 4 inches of extra barrel, and enjoy the extra capacity.

But with my luck the rifle would be a POS. And longer OAL with no folding or quick takedown for storage & transport.

Also, I don't like the little loading gate. I've got to poke the last round I load with a finger tip all the way so the gate closes. This would be easier with a bigger gate. (.44, .45)

Recoil? What recoil? .357 has a little but it's still mild, shoot all day recoil. Very little blast, either. Not like a .357 revolver at all.

If I had a lever gun for fun think .44 Russian would be a winner. But of course nobody makes that. 2nd choice .44 Special but I'm not sure how well .44 mag guns eat that.

Probably not going to keep it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12