Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Three US troops killed in drone attack in Jordan, at least two dozen injured

Feedback Score

Three US troops killed in drone attack in Jordan, at least two dozen injured

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/28/polit...-attack-jordan

CNN

Three US Army troops were killed and at least two dozen service members were injured in a drone attack overnight on a small US outpost in Jordan, US officials told CNN, marking the first time US troops have been killed by enemy fire in the Middle East since the beginning of the Gaza war.

The killing of three Americans at Tower 22 in Jordan near the border with Syria is a significant escalation of an already-precarious situation in the Middle East.

US Central Command confirmed in a statement on Sunday that three service members were killed and 25 injured in a one-way drone attack that “impacted at a base in northeast Jordan.”
    Joes inability to confront this is going to play into the hands of the republicans, only if trump is smart enough to exploit it
    Last edited by tn1911; 01-28-24 at 10:40.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    I'm sure their families will take comfort in knowing that the Biden administration will ensure swift retribution for their deaths.

RIP soldiers. Your government may not give a shit about you, but your fellow countrymen still do.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    159 attacks in the ME since October 17 on US military or interests. Time to crap or get off the pot. Either annihilate Iran, or remove every American man, woman, and asset.

Rest in peace, warriors. You deserve better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    159 attacks in the ME since October 17 on US military or interests. Time to crap or get off the pot. Either annihilate Iran, or remove every American man, woman, and asset.

Rest in peace, warriors. You deserve better.
    Yeah, Im to that point as well. Let West Asia have a go at picking the scabs of their old wounds and we can make peace with the much weakend winner. Unless we take over some oilfields, I dont see the worth of American warriors being there. Let them protect the boarder 11,500 miles from where they are stationed in Jordan.

I recently read that we have given the Houthi's at least 5 billion dollars in the last 14 months...all marked as "relief aid". Guessing most of that aid was on the Mogadishu Payment Plan. Where the warlords get paid 1st and the most.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Now would be a good time to sink those Iranian intelligence ships in the Red Sea that are feeding target data to to the Houthi's.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Now would be a good time to sink those Iranian intelligence ships in the Red Sea that are feeding target data to to the Houthi's.
    Mk48 for the win and no tracks. Ships are blowing up all over the area, just blame the Houthis.

What is it with Iran bombing LITERALLY every single neighbor, outside of Turkey? Just seems that the leadership in Iran is trying to get eliminated. With all their shenaninigans, I don’t know how you don’t’ start eliminating with extreme kinetic energy IRG leadership and then work your way up the ladder,
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Time to strike legitimate military command and control targets inside Iran. I hate this feckless ****ing administration.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Guys look at the source, CNN MSM garbage again. If you arent questioning everything coming out of the Biden admin, well good luck to you. Early reporting said it was Al-Tanaf was hit which was inside Syria. Then the story started to change to Tower-22 on the border. The Biden admin says it was Tower-22 in Jordan and even the Jordanians are like "hell no you aren't dragging us into this mess" and are completely denying anything was hit inside their borders. Its pretty common knowledge in the ME not to f*** around with Jordan, last time a Jordanian service member got killed the King of Jordan himself flew a combat mission just to prove a point. No one in the ME is dumb enough to mess with Jordan.

Remember when Trump ordered the DoD get all troops out of Syria and was completely ignored and lied to. No wonder the Biden admin can't admit US troops were killed inside of Syria exactly this reason. There is zero reason for US troops to be in Syria except for being "trip-wire" forces aka bait to justify for more Middle east interventionism.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 01-28-24 at 15:54.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Guys look at the source, the shill reposting CNN MSM garbage again. Even the WSJ is saying Al-Tanaf and no one bothers to look at a map. The base was NOT in Jordan, Al-Tanaf was hit which was inside Syria. The Biden admin says it was Tower-22 in Jordan and even the Jordanians are like "hell no you aren't dragging us into this mess" and are completely denying anything was hit inside their borders. Its pretty common knowledge in the ME not to f*** around with Jordan, last time a Jordanian service member got killed the King of Jordan himself flew a combat mission just to prove a point. No one in the ME is dumb enough to mess with Jordan.

Remember when Trump ordered the DoD get all troops out of Syria and was completely ignored and lied to. For exactly this reason, there is zero reason for US troops to be in Syria except for being "trip-wire" forces aka bait to justify for more Middle east interventionism.
    Honestly does it matter where exactly this happened? The bigger issue is that regardless of where it happened, it happened. I maintain my stance as posted previously, either withdrawal all of our forces, or go all in with annihilating Iran.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Honestly does it matter where exactly this happened? The bigger issue is that regardless of where it happened, it happened. I maintain my stance as posted previously, either withdrawal all of our forces, or go all in with annihilating Iran.
    Exactly the blame needs to go both ways, the people responsible are those who carried out the attack and those who put them in harms way. For some reason all the blame seems to be going one way which is exactly what the Biden admin wants, its no secret that the right's patriotism is easily exploited ie. 20 years of ME occupation for little gain.

I remember when there was thread in GD about why US troops were in Syria and even the most neocon of neocons couldn't come up with a good answer because there was none.

Remember the 13 Marines who died during the Afghanistan evac. Not enough blame was put on the administration who put them in the middle of the botched operation in the first place. Drumming up another ME war is exactly what they want to distract from domestic problems and has been done since Roman times. I mean the Iraqis asked us to leave in 2020 and again in 2023, its really a no brainer at this point these guys are being used as bait.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 01-28-24 at 16:05.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast