Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Spuhr RD/RDF mounts.

Feedback Score

New Spuhr RD/RDF mounts.

https://fragoutmag.com/spuhr-ab-rd-rdf-series-mounts/

Integrated magnifier and Aimpoint T-2 mount.

Gotta admit this looks pretty damn interesting.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It does...and dare I mention that the IR mounted that far back kinda has me intrigued. Is that the "new new" in mounting? Does mounting it that far back drastically change how its zeroed from being closer to the edge? Off to the internet I go...

After a bit of searching, it seems like "meh" to have it there. Or at least not big enough of a difference from closer to the muzzle.
    Last edited by ap1220; 01-29-24 at 16:39.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Pretty slick

Feedback Score
    They won a contract in Europe for this. No other manufacturer was able to meet the weight requirement.

The RDF will ship this Summer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    It does...and dare I mention that the IR mounted that far back kinda has me intrigued. Is that the "new new" in mounting? Does mounting it that far back drastically change how its zeroed from being closer to the edge? Off to the internet I go...

After a bit of searching, it seems like "meh" to have it there. Or at least not big enough of a difference from closer to the muzzle.
    Having an MFAL that far back has been done forever. There are a couple of reasons to do it, but it does have significant drawbacks regardless.

While definitely a neat little thing by Spuhr, I suspect it will be prohibitively expensive, and most folks won't invest in it. I doubt most folks will be willing to pay Spuhr money for a 1.5 oz weight savings near the middle of the rifle.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Looks badass.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Having an MFAL that far back has been done forever. There are a couple of reasons to do it, but it does have significant drawbacks regardless.

While definitely a neat little thing by Spuhr, I suspect it will be prohibitively expensive, and most folks won't invest in it. I doubt most folks will be willing to pay Spuhr money for a 1.5 oz weight savings near the middle of the rifle.
    You may be right about pricing, guess we’ll see. I am also curious if the mount will be able to accommodate a Comp M5 with a magnifier behind it.

I have one Spuhr mount on an Accuracy International AT-X and I am quite impressed with the quality and functionality.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    You may be right about pricing, guess we’ll see. I am also curious if the mount will be able to accommodate a Comp M5 with a magnifier behind it.

I have one Spuhr mount on an Accuracy International AT-X and I am quite impressed with the quality and functionality.
    I would assume it would be fine. AFAIK, the additional length of the CompM5 is almost all toward the front, not the rear.

I have two Spuhr mounts for my LVPOs and piggybacked optics, and they're quite nice, but I also paid a hefty price for them.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Yeah I’m still a bit butt-hurt about spending a bit over $500 with shipping and sales tax for the 34mm 1.5” high Spuhr that my new Zeiss LPR S3 is mounted in.

Then again the feature of a built in leveling wedge saved me time and bad words so that is worth something right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast