Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Overall 556 Can

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    When shooting anything, if I find I'm in a smoke cloud, I don't breath. If it doesn't dissipate or get blown away I move out of it.
    Same here. I'll take a big inhale, break the shot, and blow towards the charging handle to try to keep the crap away from me. My ARs never run suppressed, but I end up shooting my friends too often.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Same here. I'll take a big inhale, break the shot, and blow towards the charging handle to try to keep the crap away from me. My ARs never run suppressed, but I end up shooting my friends too often.
    So you don't break the shot during the respiratory pause?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Incredibly underrated cans. I have an HRT in jail now, myself.
    Is this based on personal use or stuff you have read/seen on youtube? And compared to what other cans?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    So you don't break the shot during the respiratory pause?
    Hell no. I was trying everything... popping my head off the check weld to breath.. blowing out my exhale to push off some gas... just awful.

There is no intelligent marksmanship with a stinking can on a gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Is this based on personal use or stuff you have read/seen on youtube? And compared to what other cans?
    Combination of personal use compared to professional use of various flavors of KAC and SF cans over 15ish years.

Griffin make a good can. The HRT is low flash, quieter than an RC2 to bystanders (have stood on catwalks observing shooters with both of these cans in question), has a solid mount that will never wear out, and has a good balance of weight/length so it handles well. It was actually my getting to observe an SRT that run the HRT can and comparing it to our SFs that convinced me to buy one.

To be honest, I don't watch any gun related anything on youtube and this is the only gun related forum I'm on since LF went tits up years ago. I mostly stick within my social circle and guys I work with or compete against.
    Last edited by GTF425; 01-31-24 at 19:06.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    It blows my mind that many shooters just seem to ignore the fact that a can is often pushing back deadly vapors into their eyes and face/nose/lungs. I avoid shooting suppressed ARs as much as I can, and will only shoot match bullets with no lead exposed bases. It's still a horrible toxic mess.

Guys should shoot a few rounds, pop open the action, drop the carrier and look down the barrel. The toxic cloud is so thick you can't see sunlight through the bore.
    I am a true believer when it comes to low backpressure cans on self-feeding rifles.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I am a true believer when it comes to low backpressure cans on self-feeding rifles.
    I'd love to try one some day. Might change my feeling on Suppressors on ARs.

Feedback Score
    I'd love to try one some day. Might change my feeling on Suppressors on ARs.
    I just got into suppressors and got a YHM .30 for my Tavor 7. Love the gun, 4 pos. regulator.

I fired it on a calm day from a static position.

It gassed me. ����

It doesn't hit me with pressure at all...it just slowly creates a gas cloud I have to walk away from after trying to hold my breath.

No breeze? Gonna have to be mobile.

The 556K Flow on the open-top Mini-14? No gas.

Both guns are short-stroke piston.

I wish I'd bought a .30 flow through can. Still might. A buddy has an M1A Socom he may give me a deal on. That would go great with such a can, too. Except, like the Mini, a 16 in barrel and even a K suppressor gets long.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I half sarcastically want one of those Walgreen's battery powered fans blowing by my face for health purposes.

Feedback Score
    I half sarcastically want one of those Walgreen's battery powered fans blowing by my face for health purposes.
    I've been to a local indoor range that has air blowing downrange. (As it should) Decent place to fire a rifle with a suppressor.

At my outdoor place nature determines the air flow.

I need to move West someday. North & West. (But not TOO much!)
    Last edited by Ron3; 02-01-24 at 14:08.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast