Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weakest factory 223/556

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    In my experience it'd be Tula or Wolf.

Still got a couple hundred rounds of Tula 55gr FMJ. In the Before Times, we used it alot in training, as it was 200 bucks/1,000 TYD.

Now.....I can't bring myself to shoot it, because it's (for all intents & purposes) non-reloadable. Like it's some special memento! HA!
    I miss having some steel cased stuff for when I would shoot some place where retrieving the empties was not easy/possible. The old Herters 62 gr could get a direct sub in of a 69gr OTM, and make really nice "mexican match" ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In my experience, PMC Bronze is pretty weak.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I miss having some steel cased stuff for when I would shoot some place where retrieving the empties was not easy/possible. The old Herters 62 gr could get a direct sub in of a 69gr OTM, and make really nice "mexican match" ammo.
    Yeah that was my thing, if we're shooting on the move, or doing a bunch of stuff in rough terrain, tall grass, swampy areas, etc., Tula it was, no harm no foul at the loss.

Much less of an issue now that I made the brass catcher. Did have a couple dribble out the other day working a barricade, but they were found right away.

These days, when I lose even a single piece of brass, or discover a split neck while loading, I'm like that Indian in the litter commercials, with a single tear rolling down my cheek....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    These days, when I lose even a single piece of brass, or discover a split neck while loading, I'm like that Indian in the litter commercials, with a single tear rolling down my cheek....
    Try shooting with Pappabear.... "let me pull up next to this thorny desert plant and dump 15 rounds where you can't get the brass without bleeding!"
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I draw rings around my brass with a thick magic marker so I'll know that it's my brass out of the lot I'm currently shooting at the public range (or even at my buddy's private range). If I shoot five and pick up four or 10 and pick up nine, I can hardly pull the trigger again on the next group for worrying about where that one piece of brass is. Damn. Now I only have 499 in this lot because I lost one!...
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 02-03-24 at 13:09.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12