Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which ADM mount for Viper PST Gen 2 1x6x24

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    I've had repeatable return to zero with the BOBRO extended mount that I use on a Vortex Razor Gen 2 1-6x24 LPVO that weighs 25 oz. It's been rock solid for over 5 years.

https://www.mountsplus.com/bobro-30mm-mount.html
    We might have a winner with this...

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Either the Badger Ordnance 1.700", Zero Gravity 1.700", or Reptilia Corp 1.700" LPV scope mounts in 1.700" height and in that order is what I prefer and what works the best for me and my setup.
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-13-24 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ordered the Bobro...from Primary Arms to take advantage of the current sale code

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Feedback Score
    https://reptiliacorp.com/product-cat...1-70in-height/

I'm just seeing these now in 1.7", I would consider this in the future for sure
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    https://reptiliacorp.com/product-cat...1-70in-height/

I'm just seeing these now in 1.7", I would consider this in the future for sure
    I have their 1.5 model in 34mm with an ACRO top mount, very high quality mount.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I have their 1.5 model in 34mm with an ACRO top mount, very high quality mount.
    Yes, I've actually mounted one for my hunting buddy who can get down to Texas and hog hunt, the build quality was impressive
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    If it were me, I would not get a heavier mount with that scope. It is already quite heavy. The DD or Warne XSKEL are both lighter.
    Yep. I always liked ADM mounts but for my pst gen2 I went with the Aero Precision mount this time. 3 ounces and change vs 9 ounces and change.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Yep. I always liked ADM mounts but for my pst gen2 I went with the Aero Precision mount this time. 3 ounces and change vs 9 ounces and change.
    Those Ultra mounts are to weak, especially for a heavy scope. I’d stick with a standard bolt up ring configuration. That joint they have on top is the weak point.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Careful torquing the Bobro ring nuts. I have 3 mounts sitting in my junk drawer with broken screw shafts. I tried torquing first and they vibrated loose during some 5k run and gun comps. Added loctite and now 2 screw shafts on separate mounts broke off with the nut. I switched to mounts with common screw attachments since I have yet to break a screw in one of those style mounts. Bobro will fix the mount no problem but it is a pain to send them in and you don't know it's broke till you try and remove it.

Warne and Badger are my goto's now
    Last edited by joedirt199; 03-17-24 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Careful torquing the Bobro ring nuts. I have 3 mounts sitting in my junk drawer with broken screw shafts. I tried torquing first and they vibrated loose during some 5k run and gun comps. Added loctite and now 2 screw shafts on separate mounts broke off with the nut. I switched to mounts with common screw attachments since I have yet to break a screw in one of those style mounts. Bobro will fix the mount no problem but it is a pain to send them in and you don't know it's broke till you try and remove it.

Warne and Badger are my goto's now
    Thanks for the info....I snugged them down with a Wheeler torque wrench with blue Locite...hopefully everything is good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast