Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which ADM mount for Viper PST Gen 2 1x6x24

Feedback Score
    Have heard that loctite, ect can act as a lube leading to overtorquing. Any recommends on reducing final torque to accommodate (or is this total BS!?)?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Careful torquing the Bobro ring nuts. I have 3 mounts sitting in my junk drawer with broken screw shafts. I tried torquing first and they vibrated loose during some 5k run and gun comps. Added loctite and now 2 screw shafts on separate mounts broke off with the nut. I switched to mounts with common screw attachments since I have yet to break a screw in one of those style mounts. Bobro will fix the mount no problem but it is a pain to send them in and you don't know it's broke till you try and remove it.

Warne and Badger are my goto's now
    I would reach out to get those fixed, my experience with their customer service went well. I broke one of the nuts for my Aimpoint PRO mount and they repaired it by taking it apart and updating it to the newer style top and bottom ring they use now (well a year or two ago when I sent it in).

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Have heard that loctite, ect can act as a lube leading to overtorquing. Any recommends on reducing final torque to accommodate (or is this total BS!?)?
    I torque all my normal screw mounts with loctite and have yet to break a normal screw. The Bobros can't handle much over recommended torque spec. And yes loctite can make it easier to over torque.

Feedback Score
    Hi. The best mount for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. If you value quick detachment and don't mind a bit of extra weight, the ADM mounts are a great way to go. If you're looking to save some weight and possibly a bit of money, the Bobro or Warne might be better options.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234