Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM blem uppers

Feedback Score

BCM blem uppers

Hey, not shilling for BCM, but this is the cheapest I've seen these:

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-uppe...=instocknotify

These have been my go to for my builds. Never noticed any significant "blem" with these. A couple years ago they were up to $89.95. I'm sure others on the forum have seen this, but just thought I'd give a heads up.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    That's a smoking price. They're great to have for spare parts, and I've used them for builds.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'll kick myself for not getting one of these later, but I've been spending a lot on ammo and components already. I've built a few uppers halves with shit upper receivers, and it's a pisser when your second tier upper needs a bunch of windage to zero.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Yeah, great upper for the price and there complete, ya just need to install the dust cover and forward assist. I never could find a Blem/problem with any I bought. Dam things are a great/tight fit, I would always get my heat gun out and heat it so slightly so I could get the darn barrel in. I don't need one but you sparked my interest again, it used to be free shipping a long time ago if ya bought 2, not sure if it still is offered.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If I already didn’t have a couple I’d buy a couple.

Feedback Score
    According to the description these are not just blems, but demos. I asked a BCM rep what demo means and he was intentionally very vague and would not
    elaborate but he did confirm that they were not just blems.
    Last edited by prepare; 02-07-24 at 17:48.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Got mine last week and already theintogether a 13.9 build.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That would go good with the BCM ELWF barrel and quad rail that I have sitting in a box right now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    I asked a BCM rep what demo means and he was intentionally very vague and would not
    elaborate but he did confirm that they were not just blems.
    So how do we know if the upper was used on the Bin Ladin Raid???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Yeah, great upper for the price and there complete, ya just need to install the dust cover and forward assist. I never could find a Blem/problem with any I bought. Dam things are a great/tight fit, I would always get my heat gun out and heat it so slightly so I could get the darn barrel in. I don't need one but you sparked my interest again, it used to be free shipping a long time ago if ya bought 2, not sure if it still is offered.

For those of you that dont know how the Blem / Sale works it goes like this.

Regular customers who paid full price are the ones who lose out. A company decides to blow out a bunch of uppers so puts them "on sale" but calls them blems or demos instead then buyers fail to see any blems and wonders why. This is done to prevent customers who paid full price from getting pissed off at the sale price thinking they at least got a perfect upper whenever one really gets the same quality.

It is the buyers who paid full price that got hosed and dont even know it.

Nothing really unethical about this practice. Calling it a demo sale may not even be the correct wording but hopefully that explains the practice of placing items on sale at deep discount with the hope it doesn't piss off their other customers who paid full price by effectively making it look like the demo price is for less quality product.

BCM has sold 1000's of so called Blems. You would think if they were really Blems BCM would finally do something about their QC lol.
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 02-08-24 at 06:11.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast