Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BCM blem uppers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcatdriver View Post
    Hey, not shilling for BCM, but this is the cheapest I've seen these:

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-uppe...=instocknotify

These have been my go to for my builds. Never noticed any significant "blem" with these. A couple years ago they were up to $89.95. I'm sure others on the forum have seen this, but just thought I'd give a heads up.
    Built and rebuilt many guns with these with excellent results. They're tight, but GTG.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    A company decides to blow out a bunch of uppers so puts them "on sale" but calls them blems or demos instead then buyers fail to see any blems and wonders why. This is done to prevent customers who paid full price from getting pissed off at the sale price thinking they at least got a perfect upper whenever one really gets the same quality.

It is the buyers who paid full price that got hosed and dont even know it.
    This was my theory on the old KAC M4 RAS $150 blems. I loved those.

These could also be that the finish color wasn't exact, and we know how ridiculous some gun gays can be about the hues of their freakin guns.
    Last edited by markm; 02-08-24 at 08:21.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Built and rebuilt many guns with these with excellent results. They're tight, but GTG.
    Not in my experience. I purchased a couple of blems and they were both NOT tight in the barrel extension area. Two different barrels slide right in.
    Purchased a "retail" one and had to thermally mate it.

Bought a couple more "retail" uppers and one would take the barrel extension about half way before I threw a heat gun too it.

I have bought several BCM uppers and I get mixed results with "tightness"
    Starting to wonder about BCM QC.
    Last edited by fedupflyer; 02-08-24 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Not in my experience. I purchased a couple of blems and they were both NOT tight in the barrel extension area. Two different barrels slide right in.

Bought a couple more "retail" uppers and one would take the barrel extension about half way before I threw a heat gun too it.

Was it possibly the barrel extensions? Or tolerance stacking between both?

I actually prefer the barrel to slide right in without any excessive play of course. I worry about getting the upper apart later if needed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought one of these blems very recently (November of 2023) and mine seemed to have some very small, hardly noticeable imperfections in the forging, but nothing that would bother me. I am quite pleased with it, and wish I had ordered at least two more.

I checked the barrel fit with a BRT barrel I have lined up for the build and can confirm that it will require a thermal fit, which is exactly what I want.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    For those of you that dont know how the Blem / Sale works it goes like this.

Regular customers who paid full price are the ones who lose out. A company decides to blow out a bunch of uppers so puts them "on sale" but calls them blems or demos instead then buyers fail to see any blems and wonders why. This is done to prevent customers who paid full price from getting pissed off at the sale price thinking they at least got a perfect upper whenever one really gets the same quality.

It is the buyers who paid full price that got hosed and don't even know it.

Nothing really unethical about this practice. Calling it a demo sale may not even be the correct wording but hopefully that explains the practice of placing items on sale at deep discount with the hope it doesn't piss off their other customers who paid full price by effectively making it look like the demo price is for less quality product.

BCM has sold 1000's of so called Blems. You would think if they were really Blems BCM would finally do something about their QC lol.
    Stop giving away trade secrets dam it,,LOL You make perfect sense and for the peeps that take advantage of it good for us for the ones that pay full price and think they have a better piece than so be it,,,but stop blabbing about it ! Just busting on ya & like ya say these have been available for years and I'm pretty sure they even offered FREE shipping if ya bought 2. And even though I go in and look at these every now and then,I really don't need one,,but now that people realize there as good as 1st run,,I just might go grab a couple more! Thanks for the solid info on these.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    So how do we know if the upper was used on the Bin Ladin Raid???
    These BCM uppers need DNA testing
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post

There is likely a range of fit, and seconds or demos may have additional spec allowance. I have no concerns with BCM, parts and supplies assemble and perform as I expect. BCM is one of the vendors that consistently send me what I order, in-spec, and performs as advertised.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    That's an excellent price. I might have to snag one or two up.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mine came with a giant scratch down the left side. But whatever...Sometimes when I buy a hammer, it's scratched as well but it still pounds nails.

It was a great deal, and it'll make a fine completed upper some day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast