Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BCM blem uppers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Not in my experience. I purchased a couple of blems and they were both NOT tight in the barrel extension area. Two different barrels slide right in.
    Purchased a "retail" one and had to thermally mate it.

Bought a couple more "retail" uppers and one would take the barrel extension about half way before I threw a heat gun too it.

I have bought several BCM uppers and I get mixed results with "tightness"
    Starting to wonder about BCM QC.
    Interesting. All four I've used have required the heat gun. Barrels were Colt, MMC, Spikes, and a Brownells.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcatdriver View Post
    Interesting. All four I've used have required the heat gun. Barrels were Colt, MMC, Spikes, and a Brownells.
    Same here. Both builds required heat to the upper, and not hair dryer or heat gun heat either. More like a torch. Wish they had mk2 blems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Same here. Both builds required heat to the upper, and not hair dryer or heat gun heat either. More like a torch. Wish they had mk2 blems
    I'm not digging that action.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm not digging that action.
    Using heat? It won't hurt a thing when using a good heat gun. On the sotar site, I see he used mapp gas instead of propane. I don't like using a torch, the heat gun is easier to control.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Using heat? It won't hurt a thing when using a good heat gun. On the sotar site, I see he used mapp gas instead of propane. I don't like using a torch, the heat gun is easier to control.
    Yeah. I don't even own a heat gun. Is any of the moly grease even still in between surfaces?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I wanted to pick one up but they wont sell to IL even with le credentials. Picked up a fcd upper instead. Sucks because that pricing is great and would have probably got 2 even though I don't have another lower.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. I don't even own a heat gun. Is any of the moly grease even still in between surfaces?
    Took the upper with the spikes barrel apart after about a year of shooting, came apart fine after heating it up. Still a bit of moly residue. Went back together just as easy.

Feedback Score
    BCM uppers are consistently tight and require a thermal fit.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Took the upper with the spikes barrel apart after about a year of shooting, came apart fine after heating it up. Still a bit of moly residue. Went back together just as easy.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    BCM uppers are consistently tight and require a thermal fit.
    Um yeah no.

And I own quite a few BCM products.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast