Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daniel Defense Extended Flash Hider

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    That was a joke for Mark.
    Figured, but these days you never know… lol

Feedback Score
    Waiting on my 14.5" to come back from pin and weld with one. Drilling the hole sucked. Broke two bits. I contacted DD about getting one pre drilled (Leo contact) and they wouldn't sell me one.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is the bottom closed like an A2? I can't tell in the pics.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrich1 View Post
    Drilling the hole sucked. Broke two bits.
    I had to break the surface hardness with a wedge punch in an x pattern before drilling.

Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Is the bottom closed like an A2? I can't tell in the pics.
    Not exactly. There are openings at about 4 oclock and 8 oclock, but the bottom is closed. So the bottom half isn't completely un-cut like an A2.
    Last edited by markm; 02-09-24 at 17:31.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I went FCD last time, but this also looks like a great option. If SF would lower their price to even $100, I'd probably have more of their stuff. This thread is a good reference for practical components.
    SureFire FH for 100 USD MSRP: https://www.surefire.com/3p-eliminator/

Street price is 90 USD. Primary Arms has it for 73 USD right now: https://www.primaryarms.com/surefire...h-hider-1-2x28

BCM A2X is only 35 USD, brings you to 16.1" on a 14.5": https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-a2x-...sh-suppressor/
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I was looking for a non-circus extended in case I needed to perm a 14.5. I really liked the SF extended, but it was $155, and this thing was $55.
    For the same price the VDI Manimal lets you disassemble after pinning if you so choose, assuming a standard 0.750 journal.
    Last edited by Disciple; 02-10-24 at 01:31.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Interesting idea. But I bet it looks out of proportion. I've never loved the look of an extended A2, and if it were skinny enough to remove an FSB, it would be odd looking I'd guess. This is all cosmetics and gay, I know. But I'm super fussy about a muzzle device.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Mark, forgive me for being a little off topic. I know you’ve said before that you have a 14.5 elw with a Bcm comp. I have the same upper. I was just wondering if you don’t like that md or just wanted something cheaper or different? I have put probably around a thousand rounds through mine in roughly a year all in the mountains during the day. You do a lot more shooting than I do it seems, and I was wondering if you had shot it indoors like a shoot house or at night and if you liked it or not?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123