Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPR MOD URX

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

SPR MOD URX

John Thomas built from Raw.

Douglas 1:7 barrel, DD Upper and Lower, SOPMOD, URX4, Surefire muzzle brake, Surefire SOCOM Mini 2, Geisele SSA trigger, Schmid ambi safety, NF 2.5-10x24 MOAR, Blue Force sling, Surefire scout turbo and Scalarworks PEAK 02 BUIS.

EDITED TO ADD: Changed the title as it’s really not a MK12 and updated a few changes with the rifle.

Last edited by davidjinks; 03-27-24 at 05:51.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Looks good! I look forward to a range report. How difficult was the URX 4 to install?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Waaaaay above my pay grade and comfort level.

John Thomas (RAW) built the upper for me.

It’s gonna be a little bit until I can get proper range time. Suppressor has been ordered; Otter Creek Labs OCM5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Looks good! I look forward to a range report. How difficult was the URX 4 to install?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks great, also interested to hear how it shoots.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Got out yesterday with my youngest son. This wasn’t to sight it or anything but mainly to start the break in process of the barrel (No, I do not shot 10 rounds then clean…I clean the barrel, and run about 100 rounds through it) this also served as a “getting my feet wet” with my new suppressor, SOCOM Mini 2 in 5.56.

First, every rifle I have will be wearing a suppressor. That Mini 2 with MK262 was hearing safe from behind the gun.

Second, the scope I’m using, NF 2.5-10x24 has been on 5 different rifles. It’s been removed multiple times from the NF A496 mount. I cannot believe that all my shots were spot on when shooting. I wasn’t shooting for groups, just putting rounds down range, but that scope was pretty much zeroed for this rifle.

I removed the Railscales and ordered a Samson medium vertical foregrip as I like VFG over hand stops.

We shot M193, M855, and MK262 suppressed. M193 is pushing it without ears. I was able to get 2-3 rounds until I said nope. M855 was okay, but I wouldn’t do it all day. MK262 I was able to shoot with no ears, sounded more like a .22 with subs in it.

Hopefully next week isn’ arctic temperatures because I want to get out to zero this thing and get some solid groups.

Gas to face was minimal using the Vltor mod 4 CH, but with the FCD ACH it cut the gas down by 50%. To be honest, it really wasn’t that bad. I went back to an A2 CH and will be using those from now on.

Here’s how she sits right now, shitty lighting, but she’s painted and ready for range day.

EDITED TO ADD: The PRI brake and COLLAR I had removed because I decided I’m a Surefire fan boi and those are the cans I’ll be going with.

Last edited by davidjinks; 03-24-24 at 13:09.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Really nice setup. No corners cut. The URX4 is very complimentary here.

Too bad you passed on the OCM5. It is very good on a SPR.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Well, this rifle can shoot. I wish I was a better shooter.

100 yards, SOCOM Mini 2, bipod and rear bag, MK262.

Group in the bull is my confirmation of 10 rounds, group in black is 40 rounds. I pulled the 3 shots outside that group.

After setting my zero stop I did a quick 18 round confirmation. The pasty was left by another shooter, I believe it is a 2 inch circle. My finger is covering up a shot from the previous shooter.

Here she is after shooting and starting my clean up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice groups 😎

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thank you! This barrel is a pretty solid shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    Nice groups ��

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Nice build!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast