Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 530 lens cover

Feedback Score

Holosun 530 lens cover

Recently bought a Hohosun 530 to put on an ar pistol. Really, really satisfying to shoot. Then, front lens cover started popping open. Then. It would not snap completely shut. Then, it wouldn't stay closed at all. Was about to call em to whine when I discovered that if the killiflash isn't screwed all the way in, the cover will not snap closed. Problem solved for now....

Fwiw.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a 530. It's definitely well made, tough, and does what it's supposed to. It does seem to be a bit on the heavy and bulky side though. I don't think I'd buy another.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Yeah, it's my first red dot. It works fine.... But.... Angle of light front or rear tends to make the killiflash too visible. Right light from rear gives red light smear whether it's on or not. Found it interesting that the killiflash wasn't tightened down and that it had loosened significantly in just the 5 or 600 rounds I had put through it. Disappointed in extreme low light sight picture (as compared to some other optics I have). In the end, it'll do for this E. Fudd....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I took all the killflashes off all my Holosuns.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I was fighting that urge. Your reasons?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    I was fighting that urge. Your reasons?
    Reasons were probably threefold:
    First, removing the killflash improves, very noticeably, the brightness of the image through the RDS.
    Second, I keep my see through flip covers up all the time, to protect the lenses, so any potential advantage the killflash may have is nullified by the presence of the reflective lens cover.
    Third, I don't really use my weapons in combat situations where a killflash may be of some advantage.

Besides all that, I can easily replace them if I ever deem it necessary.

Feedback Score
    Makes good sense. I was worried I'd lose it it I took it off, but I rekon if I ever actually needed it, I'll be having much bigger problems.....

Edit: big improvement in sight picture. Thanks for talking me into removing it!
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 02-10-24 at 15:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Makes good sense. I was worried I'd lose it it I took it off, but I rekon if I ever actually needed it, I'll be having much bigger problems.....

Edit: big improvement in sight picture. Thanks for talking me into removing it!
    Nice. You're welcome.

Feedback Score
    Hey, georgeib, if you're still out there, do you have any of the auto-adjusters? I find myself frequently adjusting intensity. I had dodged the auto adjusting sights because of the extra gadetry and envisioning situations like the sight adjusting to you (the optic) in the deep shade and with the target being in full sun, would the reticle be bright enough for comfortable targeting?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey, georgeib, if you're still out there, do you have any of the auto-adjusters? I find myself frequently adjusting intensity. I had dodged the auto adjusting sights because of the extra gadetry and envisioning situations like the sight adjusting to you (the optic) in the deep shade and with the target being in full sun, would the reticle be bright enough for comfortable targeting?
    With all my rifle mounted Holosuns, I specifically bought only non-solar units, for the same reasons as you. I keep the adjustment set at a medium setting that is probably a bit bright for lower light indoor work, but a little dim in bright sunlight. One button press up or down gets me exactly where I need to be.

With all my pistol mounted ones, I turn off the auto brightness for all with the exception of the SCS 320 mounted on a P226. That one has a much smarter auto-brightness that takes both the target and shooter's area brightness into consideration, and works very well. Besides, as it doesn't have a removable battery, it is solar only and essentially non-adjustable.

Holosun does have a newer release auto-brightness rifle RDS too, that uses the smarter "at target" brightness to adjust itself. The SCRS is tiny, uses a built in battery, and has a 509T footprint. Would make for a good offset RDS to an LVPO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast