Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 530 lens cover

Feedback Score
    Would you have a favorite? Say for a primary sight on a 16 incher?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Would you have a favorite? Say for a primary sight on a 16 incher?
    A favorite LVPO, or RDS? Assuming you mean RDS, the answer is probably my HE515-RD. But the reality is that out of 10 Holosuns, I've only had an issue with the first one I bought about 10 years ago. The brightness buttons starting working sporadically, and they gave me a free upgrade to a HS515GM, of which I have a pair now.

As to favorite LVPO... the sky is the limit really. I am quite happy with my Primary Arms PLX Compact though.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Oops. You got it. Red dot Holosun. Considering pulling a PA 1-8 and red dotting. For me, the 1-8 will only focus shy of 7x at 100. 200+ it focuses at 8. Thought I liked the chevron, but now I'm not so sure. Main thing is I can't see holes in paper at 100 unless light is right. It is just fine for bottles/cans, but.... I am happy with a couple of lpvos on other rifles.... Anyway, thanks, again, and best to you/yours.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oops. You got it. Red dot Holosun. Considering pulling a PA 1-8 and red dotting. For me, the 1-8 will only focus shy of 7x at 100. 200+ it focuses at 8. Thought I liked the chevron, but now I'm not so sure. Main thing is I can't see holes in paper at 100 unless light is right. It is just fine for bottles/cans, but.... I am happy with a couple of lpvos on other rifles.... Anyway, thanks, again, and best to you/yours.
    You got it man. Same to you and yours.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Double oops. On your green lit, does it flare out into the lens at night like the green did on a vortex 3.5 I used to have? (You know, the eye sees green best in low light, yada yada...) Switched it to red and life became crisp and well defined.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Reasons were probably threefold:
    First, removing the killflash improves, very noticeably, the brightness of the image through the RDS.
    Second, I keep my see through flip covers up all the time, to protect the lenses, so any potential advantage the killflash may have is nullified by the presence of the reflective lens cover.
    Third, I don't really use my weapons in combat situations where a killflash may be of some advantage.

Besides all that, I can easily replace them if I ever deem it necessary.
    Probably toss in a flashlight mounted on the forearm under the second reason and also making a kill flash neither here nor there on the third.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Double oops. On your green lit, does it flare out into the lens at night like the green did on a vortex 3.5 I used to have? (You know, the eye sees green best in low light, yada yada...) Switched it to red and life became crisp and well defined.....
    The SCS 320, which is the only green dot I have, does seem to flare more than any of the red dots in the same conditions at similar brightness settings. I do have astigmatism in both eyes, so I've grown to ignore the flare and just use the center of the dot as my aiming point. I mean, it's not like an MOA or 2 is going to change my ability to hit what I'm aiming for, right?

If I am trying to make a more precise hit with a rifle at distance using the an RDS (all my rifle dots are red only), I can turn the brightness down to where the dot is tiny anyway. As it is, there is much less flare, if any at all, when shooting outdoors in bright conditions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you I have an astigmatism? Sounds kinda like mine which is(apparently the opposite of most) worse with a green dot. I can use a green SCS(although not as crisp as red), but looked through a Sig Romeo 4 green that had hold over dots that probably go over my limit with lots of flares coming out of all the dots.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Probably toss in a flashlight mounted on the forearm under the second reason and also making a kill flash neither here nor there on the third.
    Yeah, good point.

Feedback Score
    Yep. Stigmatized here. Sigs are disorienting at best, traumatizing at worst for me. I believe I am making out little dots at lo setting on my Holosun. Higher settings, they seem to grow together into a solid (but less than distinct) reticle.

I like the way you think, jsbhike. I had always thought the killflash was to keep mohammud hathcockovich from shooting you in the eye (and damaging your scope). Was aware red dot visible from front in dark, but tonight I'll have to test for projection, also......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast