Thread: Suggestions for multi caliber optic...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Suggestions for multi caliber optic...

Hey All,

I'm in the process of building up an LMT CQB combo...the 5.56/6.8/.204 barrel package MRP.

I'm looking into getting an optic for it yet I'm torn.

Should I just get one optic and call it a day? Aimpoint M3 and a magnifier?

Or do I go the route of two optics? Aimpoint M3 and a Super Sniper 10X for the .204?

An ACOG would be nice however I'm concerned with calibration on it when switching loads...

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks...

Jake

Feedback Score
    For the 5.56/6.8 get the CompM3 or CompM4 or Micro T-1 w/3X and call it a day. As the .204 is suppose to be a real tack driver, some might recommend a scope of some sort as best. But how far do you intend to shoot the .204? If shooting it with in 300 yards then stick with a 2 MOA CompM3 or CompM4. If you go with both an Aimpoint and a Scope definitely get LaRue Tactical mounts for assured repeatability of zero when switching back and forth.

On that note, when switching barrels between 5.56/6.8 your zero will most likely change. However, if you zero both for 50/200 yards you shouldn't have to adjust zero that much. If you BZO with the 5.56 barrel first then change to the 6.8 barrel just note the amount of W & E change so you can adjust back quickly. I'd be interested to know how well the barrels return to zero after changing each time. Please report back when you finally get this combo and have a chance to shoot it.

S/F
    Last edited by FJB; 01-07-09 at 13:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check out IOR Valdada's line. Extremely versatile stuff... the IOR Tactical 1.5-8x26 comes to mind, covers everything from close range out to 600m.
    I just got the IOR Tactical 2-12x32 last Tuesday, and just got it mounted and zeroed, and I've gotta say, all that stuff you hear about IOR's glass being crazy clear and sharp - it's true. I can't put into words how nice the glass is - you'd have to look through it yourself to understand what I'm talking about.. it's not a small optic though, it's F A T - a 35mm tube and target turrets, it's no lightweight. But then again, I didn't buy it to serve a lightweight function.
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson