Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAG / Seekins Precision AR10

Feedback Score
    I heard 260 Remington was what it was chambered in not 6.5

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I heard 260 Remington was what it was chambered in not 6.5
    Its been awhile since I have spoken to anyone with actual knowledge on it, but 260 was certainly the big secret sauce talk for awhile.

On a side note, engineers at Picatinny have been less than impressed with the smoothness of the new MG ammo and weapon compatibility. However, its been almost a year since I've been to the Arsenal, so maybe everything is fixed and running smooth now.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Its been awhile since I have spoken to anyone with actual knowledge on it, but 260 was certainly the big secret sauce talk for awhile.

On a side note, engineers at Picatinny have been less than impressed with the smoothness of the new MG ammo and weapon compatibility. However, it’s been almost a year since I've been to the Arsenal, so maybe everything is fixed and running smooth now.
    By new MG ammo are you referring to 277 Fury?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    LOL yeah, and I'm cool with it. They deserve a degree of "cloudiness". Kind of like a year or two ago they were about to be going with the 10.5" Geissele Super Duty or variant thereof. Now you will occasionally see a pic of what is ostensibly a D-Boy (obviously take with a BIG grain of salt!) and it's a SIG Spear LT or variant thereof.

Yeah, folks "in the know" most often aren't, and the majority of the ones who are knowledgeable keep it zipped up.
    I heard the same, but then saw several photos of Delta guys on protection details rocking Sig MCX 11.5" rifles. Guessing the ability to fold and be a bit more discrete is important for that kind of operation, but that's just pure speculation from me.

It's simply difficult to get reliable information about SFOD-D and what equipment they're running. Unlike the SEAL teams, they're not interested in PR, and the only time most people will ever find out exactly what gear they're using is if they're a vendor getting a special request for customized gear from SFOD-D. Even then, it doesn't necessarily mean it's being widely adopted by Delta. They buy a lot of small batches of gear simply to evaluate it to see if it offers an upgrade over what they're currently deploying with. The magic of having a good R&D budget for their armory.

Feedback Score
    The specialized Army and Navy units with R&D in their charter will perpetually have a flow of new widgets cascading through use, no surprise.

"regular" SOCOM.. NSW, Ranger Regt, AFSOC, and to a lesser extent SF have some psuedo R&D wiggle room.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingInAshes View Post
    vendor getting a special request for customized gear
    also keep in mind that some organizations have staffed machine, fab, and sew shops internally to make custom gear and whatnot.

There are also a lot of companies that will give a product away for free if they think it might get seen or spoken of. And some companies that will hire a guy straight outta uniform.

There is generally a metric ton of ****ery around claims of SOF use. The saddest part, is, its irrelevant. No one has the same requirements, and few have equivalent skill or background.

Might as well be whacking it to 25yo lesbian supermodels.
    Last edited by 1168; 03-15-24 at 17:49.

Feedback Score
    The SP10’s are legit large frame rifles. As stated earlier in the thread, they’ve been in service since 2019. The SP10M is essentially the same gun as the newer SP10’s with the heavier barrel profile and lengthened gas system. I don’t like the melonited bcg’s, but other than that, they are on par with the other high end Mil grade 6.5’s and 308’s.

https://youtu.be/QWAW81MBet4?si=cfh95qw6wykL_-8F
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 03-15-24 at 17:13.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Might as well be whacking it to 25yo lesbian supermodels.
    That’s very specific

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12