Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B&T Sub Gun Tri Lug Baffle strike city.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Lots of great ideas.. Thanks. As far as the ammo, I don't think it was plated. The frags shaken out of the can looked like actual jacket material, but I could be wrong.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Thanks. I'll pass this on. I'm still saving up my paper route money for the chamber reamer.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post

TMJs must be plated bullets.
    Then I spoke incorrectly, FMJ w/ a fully encapsulated base. No electro plating.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Then I spoke incorrectly, FMJ w/ a fully encapsulated base. No electro plating.
    I don't believe it's possible to have a fully encapsulated base without plating; there's no real way to draw a jacket over the base in an economical fashion, AFAIK.

I will note that plating can come in differing quality; shitty plating as found in the Blazer Brass bullets or Berry's Bullets work for economical loads, but there are also much more substantial plating like Speer TMJ or Gold Dot. Technically, the shitty plated bullets are jacketed, they're just very poor jackets that are nowhere near comparable to the quality and durability of a bullet jacketed via the traditional cup and draw method, while high quality plated bullets like Speer TMJ are much closer to cup and draw in terms of durability.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Since the set up is an NFA deal, I can't take it home and give it a good look. I'm not close enough of a friend where the guy would come over to the house, and I frankly don't know shit about tri lug mounts.

The jacket frags that he shakes out of the can do look like real jacketing and not like the Berry's type of practice bullets. But I didn't get a great look or any pics.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Got word that Dead Air replaced the end cap and the owner shot the rig successfully. I.E. no 12" groups at 7 yards and a can full of bullet fragments.

Not sure if I buy a simple end cap replacement fixing this issue, but that's what the said. And the problem seems to be fixed so who cares, I guess?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I’ve always wondered about that with my Wolfman. I have it on an APC9 and use the short config to minimize gas blowback. I don’t notice any accuracy difference compared with bare muzzle. Just for kicks, I tried the long config and my accuracy at 25 yards went to hell (like 8” groups).
    I have an Obsidian 9 and when I ran it with the SiCo tri-lug mount on a Hansohn Brothers HK-spec tri-lug adapter, it struck 4 baffles in the modular section (near endcap). Gun was grouping fine at 25 yd without the can. With the can, the shots were like 12"-18" high/left (way way off paper).

Got home and saw the baffles were struck.

Checked with an alignment rod but also applied force on the can and sure enough the alignment rod was touching the end cap in each of the extreme cases. I rotated the tri-lug position and it was the same thing in each position.

If I ran the short section, the can would be short enough that the rod wouldn't touch the end cap.

But the issue was the SiCo Tri-Lug mount had too much wobble since it only used 1 point of contact in the "piston" with an o-ring. I tried the Griffin Armaments tri-lug mount which has 2 points of contact and a very tight fit. There's still wobble with the long can config and if I pull the rod gently to take up any slack, it kisses the end cap but it is much better than the SiCo.

I haven't tried the Rugged tri-lug mount yet, but I think going with the shorter can config is the way to go with tri-lug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12