Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B&T Sub Gun Tri Lug Baffle strike city.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

B&T Sub Gun Tri Lug Baffle strike city.

We have a buddy who has a B&T sub gun with a tri lug suppressor mount. His gun shoots fine with the can off, but when his can is mounted, he has to shake out bullet jacket chunks and obviously can't hit shit with it.

The can is a Dead Air Wolfman. Any Ideas?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I’ve always wondered about that with my Wolfman. I have it on an APC9 and use the short config to minimize gas blowback. I don’t notice any accuracy difference compared with bare muzzle. Just for kicks, I tried the long config and my accuracy at 25 yards went to hell (like 8” groups).

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's interesting. We can't really tell which baffles are getting hit. Maybe all of them. I'll relay that observation to this guy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What ammo? Is his tri lug machined into the barrel or one of the screw on mounts? I'm assuming that the can/mount lockup feels solid or he wouldn't have sent anything.

I have a GHM 9 with a 8.9" barrel machined in tri lug, and anything thats not FMJ/TMJ is terribly inaccurate (e.g. plated). Foot + groups at 25 yards. Huxwrx Rad 9. I stick to 124gr or heavier Federal FMJ/TMJ/JHP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do y'all have access to a 9mm alignment rod?

Feedback Score
    Definitely check with an alignment rod.

I own an APC 9 Pro SBR, and routinely shoot it with a CMMG (made by GSL) Defcan 9. it’s a long 7-8” suppressor. Zero issues, no POI shift and no blowback to the face.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We don't have an alignment rod. Didn't know they made them in 9 millie. I think he was running 124 gr Blazer Brass? or PMC? Not completely sure.

It has to be an alignment issue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I believe with the full size APC9 Pro the trilug is machined into the barrel as one piece. So, it could be one ore more of a few factors. Ammo destabilizing, trilug not concentric to bore, trilug adpater misaligned in Wolfman, undersized/disintegrating baffles, or just maybe tolerance stacking. Is the Wolfman exhibiting this behavior with other hosts? DA has had a bit of trouble with KG Made, the current builder of the Wolfman/Sandman, but particularly the Sierra-5 for disintegrating baffles.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I think he was running 124 gr Blazer Brass?
    Blazer Brass tends to have very poor plating; jacket separation has been seen by others in just normal handgun usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I have a GHM 9 with a 8.9" barrel machined in tri lug, and anything thats not FMJ/TMJ is terribly inaccurate (e.g. plated). Foot + groups at 25 yards. Huxwrx Rad 9. I stick to 124gr or heavier Federal FMJ/TMJ/JHP.
    TMJs must be plated bullets.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 02-27-24 at 07:50.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast