Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optics for AK 47

Feedback Score

optics for AK 47

I have seen a lot of you tube videos of guys putting LPVO's, micro prism scopes etc on AK's .

Are any of these viable options for beyond range toys?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think our buddy has a mini ACOG on one of his Kalish guns. I didn't shoot it, but if he's running it, it must be doable.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Primary Arms GLX 2x is a good one, I know 2x sounds low but glass is really good, eye relief is good and reticle is good.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Primary Arms GLX 2x is a good one, I know 2x sounds low but glass is really good, eye relief is good and reticle is good.
    how durable is it?

I tend to stay away from lesser quality in terms of durability optics.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Very, but half the price of ACOG so just buy two.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Another Vid.

Last edited by mack7.62; 03-03-24 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    how durable is it?

I tend to stay away from lesser quality in terms of durability optics.
    Very durable. If for some reason it ever stops working, PA will repair or replace. I bought one when they were first released and haven't had a single issue.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Im put my name on the list for when they are back in stock.

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms also makes a 3x prism sight for 7.62x39. I have one on my PSA AKM 103. It works well. I have not put it through anything real serious, but something to consider.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...o-reticle-yard

Feedback Score
    The last AKM I had I was using a 1-3x scope on it.

I thought I was good to 300M with it but a couple sessions at 200 yds and a competition that went to about 300m told me I was wrong.

My 3-4 moa gun became a 5-6 moa gun when it got hot. 7.62x39 has a rainbow arc so knowing your point of impact at various ranges becomes very important. Add a 15-20 mph wind and missing an IDPA target at 300m isn't hard at all.

Little wind, knowing the distance, and a cold barrel one can take advantage of an LPVO on an AK. But, at least in 7.62x39, they're really at their best as a 150M gun.

Oh yea, I used to have a LPVO on a Romanian RPK I had cut down to 17 inches. Probably should have kept that gun. It was heavy, though. It stayed more accurate when hot, if I recall.

I only had one 5.45 AKM. It was indeed a bit more accurate than any of the 7.62x39 AKM's I had.

LVPO's are good for helping target ID, of course.
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-03-24 at 20:37.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast