Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Noveske VLTOR MUR

Feedback Score

Question about Noveske VLTOR MUR

Since the Noveske branded VLTOR MUR won't work with some rails because the receiver is thicker where the anti-rotation tabs rest against the receiver. I was wondering if anyone know which ones, if any Geissle rails will work, without grinding off tabs or anything like that. I'm thinking that the MK16 rail won't fit because it has those upper tabs high on the rail, but rails that only have the lower tabs with set screws, such as MK14 or MK8 might work. Can anyone verify which G rails, if any will fit on that receiver? Thanks for any help.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I've seen ALG, Geissele Mk8, Geisele Mk14 and Daniel Defense rails on the standard Vltor MUR. I'm not sure if the Noveske version is any different than the usual Vltor MUR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a MK14 on one. No issues.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I like MK14, I will probably use that one.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Noveske. Now that's name I haven't heard in a long, long time. - Obiwan.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Noveske. Now that's name I haven't heard in a long, long time. - Obiwan.
    I got a pretty good military discount from PA on a 16" Noveske Recon barrel. $382 plus tax and shipping( I might have had some bonus bucks or something), IIRC $417 shipped with pinned gas block and gas tube.

I have 3 AR rifles, all have 16" barrels and red dot sights, and 3X PA SLX prism scope. With Schmid and RRA triggers. I didn't want to build another of the same gun, so I thought I would get an 18" barrel, scope with more magnification, and a Geissle trigger, an SPR type rifle. I was going to get and 18" BA barrel, but then decided on this Noveske 16". I don't want to start a sh%#t storm about billet receivers being more rigid and help with accuracy, but decided to go with the Noveske Mur, I never had a billet receiver and wanted to try it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    I don't want to start a sh%#t storm about billet receivers being more rigid and help with accuracy, but decided to go with the Noveske Mur, I never had a billet receiver and wanted to try it.
    The MUR is (currently) a forged upper receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I've seen ALG, Geissele Mk8, Geisele Mk14 and Daniel Defense rails on the standard Vltor MUR. I'm not sure if the Noveske version is any different than the usual Vltor MUR.
    The Noveske MUR lacks the relief cut up front compared to the now standard MUR-1A/1S. This relief cut was done to allow better compatibility with handguards with antirotation tabs; Noveske claims that this will reduce rigidity and thus opted for the old profile.

Last edited by Defaultmp3; 03-08-24 at 13:55.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    I got a pretty good military discount from PA on a 16" Noveske Recon barrel. $382 plus tax and shipping( I might have had some bonus bucks or something), IIRC $417 shipped with pinned gas block and gas tube.

I have 3 AR rifles, all have 16" barrels and red dot sights, and 3X PA SLX prism scope. With Schmid and RRA triggers. I didn't want to build another of the same gun, so I thought I would get an 18" barrel, scope with more magnification, and a Geissle trigger, an SPR type rifle. I was going to get and 18" BA barrel, but then decided on this Noveske 16". I don't want to start a sh%#t storm about billet receivers being more rigid and help with accuracy, but decided to go with the Noveske Mur, I never had a billet receiver and wanted to try it.
    I don’t think the MUR’s are billet anymore. They’re forged.

Feedback Score
    I like the old profile and I like forged.

Feedback Score
    Forge all the things.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast