Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownells taking it to the next level?

Feedback Score

Brownells taking it to the next level?

Chrome lined 416 clone uppers:

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/...?sku=430106864

Damn it, just paid the CC off......now I have to launder our own money from my wife's knowledge again!

I just happen to have two 416 handguards in my pile-o-parts that I knew would come in handy some day!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 03-07-24 at 19:24.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Their fukking site is annoying my nuts. I can't log in, and can't get a password reset email to arrive. I actually want to buy something.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good Grief. I had to make a new account, and they sent me a "welcome back, mark" email. Why the hell would they zap accounts with wish list items saved. So dumb.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Chrome lined 416 clone uppers:

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/...?sku=430106864

Damn it, just paid the CC off......now I have to launder our own money from my wife's knowledge again!

I just happen to have two 416 handguards in my pile-o-parts that I knew would come in handy some day!
    Do they use a license from HK or something? I was actually just watching that vid. I didn't know there were conversion kits, but wouldn't bother with one personally. I would like to own a PO gun cuz reasons:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I know some of the early 416 were not good with suppressors because of too much gas drive. I wonder if these brownells ones use the later gas block or what ever they did to address this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Do they use a license from HK or something? I was actually just watching that vid. I didn't know there were conversion kits, but wouldn't bother with one personally. I would like to own a PO gun cuz reasons:
    I have no idea.

As far as a real-deal 416 upper alone, a number of years ago they were going for north of $4K, usually a good deal more. No clue what the hell they're going for now though, like just about everything else these days it's probably obscene.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I know some of the early 416 were not good with suppressors because of too much gas drive. I wonder if these Brownells ones use the later gas block or what ever they did to address this.
    I guess you could always ask their tech people in customer service. I'm not overly concerned as I'm not planning on running a can on one.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I know some of the early 416 were not good with suppressors because of too much gas drive. I wonder if these brownells ones use the later gas block or what ever they did to address this.
    These are not vented like the actual 416 blocks
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    These are not vented like the actual 416 blocks
    From the Brownells website: "Gas blocks are vented forward, to reduce gas sent rearward into the system, and are mated specific to the 10.4 or 14.5/16 inch barrel lengths."
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Good Grief. I had to make a new account, and they sent me a "welcome back, mark" email. Why the hell would they zap accounts with wish list items saved. So dumb.
    Hahaha, welcome to my world. Lol it's not always the other guy with me, my computer is a dumpster fire.
    Last edited by Uncas47; 03-08-24 at 18:47.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast