Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brownells taking it to the next level?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Is the barrel going to last as long as a CHF barrel? No. Would a nitrided barrel last longer I don’t know. People are going to complain either way. Button rifles barrels last long enough for most people and I don’t think the vast majority are going to be firing FA. Budget barrel vs CHF, people are gonna complain either way. Now if Faxon quality in general is an issue that’s different.

I would say most people buying a clone of any sort will be ok with it regardless.
    Well at least it's chrome lined. I believe they also offer nitrided barrels for those who prefer that. The icing on the cake would've been if they were CHF but I see nothing in the ad to indicate that.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I have seen Chrome lined & nitrided barrels in service and don't think much about it either way. Both appeared durable. The nitrided will have advantage vs parkerized on the exterior vs environment.

If equally accurate don't really care. As an individual paying for fodder, not really considering max $ervice life in the calculus.

I did find a 13.7" barrel offering odd.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVA5326 View Post
    I have seen Chrome lined & nitrided barrels in service and don't think much about it either way. Both appeared durable. The nitrided will have advantage vs parkerized on the exterior vs environment.

If equally accurate don't really care. As an individual paying for fodder, not really considering max $ervice life in the calculus.

I did find a 13.7" barrel offering odd.
    I thought so too. I would have preferred a 14.5" but it wasn't an option, so I went with the 16".
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Good Grief. I had to make a new account, and they sent me a "welcome back, mark" email. Why the hell would they zap accounts with wish list items saved. So dumb.
    My Brownells account went stupid recently too. I simply quit buying shit from them until they figure it out. Not really worth screwing with, to me. They’ll fix it or they won’t.

As far as 13.7” barrels go, its a nice length on a SBR. Makes me scratch my head with P/W guns sometimes, though.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I was under the assumption that a 13.9” with a SF Warcomp with bring you to 16” for pin and weld jobs, as the warcomp is a bit longer than the A2 FH

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    I was under the assumption that a 13.9” with a SF Warcomp with bring you to 16” for pin and weld jobs, as the warcomp is a bit longer than the A2 FH
    Probably. But if you’re trying to avoid NFA (guys in states that allow silencers but not SBRs, I’m not talking about you, if you even exist), then an A2 on a 14.7”-15” or a typical 2.25” mount on a commonly available 14.5” barrel makes much more sense than shortening the barrel by another inch just to use an inch longer, but cooler looking, muzzle device. And it makes only exactly $200 worth of sense to avoid SBR status if you also buy silencers. And ARs are obviously exceptionally SBR-friendly because you can do one lower and play musical uppers ‘till your heart’s content.

Unless of course you only care about making it shorter with the can attached, which might make sense with Surefire (soft maybe) or a Sandman (definitely). In which case, I just SBR it, and 13.whatever is perfectly good for that.

Sorry for the rant.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    While earlier gas blocks (for the 14.5"-16" barrels) vented the gas forward and upward at about a 45 degree angle, this one apparently blows it straight forward, like parallel to the barrel. I'm waiting for a FH to get here so was looking a few things over and found that factoid. It's not bad at all, just noting the difference.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If I shot suppressed these would be more tempting. Why is it so hard to find quality and accuracy reports? Is it too new?
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123